Monday, 29 October 2012

Review: What's Left of Me by Kat Zang


Title: What's Left of Me
Author: Kat Zang
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter
Genre: Dystopia
Series: The Hybrid Chronicles #1
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: UK:27th September 2012|USA 18th September 2012

Tell Me About It
Imagine that you have two minds, sharing one body. You and your other self are closer than twins, better than friends. You have known each other forever.

Then imagine that people like you are hated and feared. That the government want to hunt you down and tear out your second soul, separating you from the person you love most in the world.

Now meet Eva and Addie.

They don’t have to imagine.

My Thoughts
People are born with two minds, as they get older they settle, and the stronger mind takes over while the weaker one fades from existence. Eva and Addie are hybrids, someone who has not settled and still has two minds. After repeated tests the girls decided to pretend, and Addie became the stronger mind, letting Eva fade away, but in reality Eva is an ever constant presence in the background. Addie and Eve live with their parents and their sick brother, Lyle. After moving home they are forced to attend a new school in the hopes their past will not be known. At their new school they make friends with Hally and Lissa, Devon and Ryan, who are siblings but also not settled and they help Eva learn to gain control again.

While the synopsis for What's Left of Me certainly caught my attention, I was wary about reading, and what the book would actually be like, as this is the first book I have read by Kat Zang. From the minute I began reading all worries I had were gone. I was instantly drawn into Addie and Eva's world and soon found myself wanting to know what was happening. I got nervous butterflies in my stomach every time Addie and Eva were close to being discovered as being hybrid, worrying about whether they would actually be discovered and what would happen if they were. The characters are easily identified and we are constantly informed about who is talking, either by the style of the speech, or my being told by Addie or Eva.

By the time I was halfway through What's Left of Me I was emotionally invested with all the characters and needed to know they were all going to be ok. When it came to the end of the book I was on tenterhooks, not knowing what would happen, and when it did end I wanted to keep reading and following their story. The countdown has now begun for the next instalment, I need to read it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...