Thursday, 8 November 2012

Audiobook Review: Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts


Title: Dark Inside
Author: Jeyn Roberts
Narrator: Joe Jameson
Source: AudioGo
Format: Audiobook Download
Publication Date: 1st January 2012

Tell Me About It
Moments after several huge earthquakes shake every continent on Earth, strange things start happening. Michael can only watch in horror as an incidence of road rage so extreme it ends in two deaths unfolds before his eyes; Clementine finds herself being hunted through the small town she has lived in all her life, by people she has known all her life; and Mason is attacked with a baseball bat by a random stranger. An inner rage has been released and some people cannot fight it. For those who can, life becomes an ongoing battle to survive - at any cost!A gripping, terrifying dystopian thriller for older children.

My Thoughts
Before I began listening to Dark Inside I had no idea that the author was male, I just expected it to be female, and when he began talking I was wary about whether I would enjoy it and whether he would do the story justice.
Reading a book and using your own imagination can make a story truly nerve wracking, but being a fast reader means I sometimes don't get the whole atmosphere and tension.  Having to listen and wait for things to happen with nerve wracking pauses literally had me on the edge of my seat, and even though I know what happens the suspense killed me.

Joe does a fantastic job of drawing in the listener and keeping them engrossed and even listening to it going to bed I always turned it back on for another half hour after the timer had turned my iPod off.  Joe has made each character have their own distinct voice and does a great job of portraying their feelings, whether its happiness ,sadness, worry or fear.  Dark Inside is not only a great book to read but also a fantastic listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...