Friday, 2 November 2012

Review: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone


Title: Time Between Us
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Science Fiction
Source: Publisher
Format: Proof
Publication Date: UK:25th October 2012|USA:9th Ocotboer 2012

Tell Me About It
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

My Thoughts
When I first heard about Time Between Us, I knew I had to read it, not because of the nice book cover, or because of who the author is, I HAD to read it because of the whole time travelling thing. Growing up I used to watch the time machine with my Nan, I read and cried reading the Time Travellers Wife and make a point to watch any television or movies relating to time travel. Most of the time I like the way it is portrayed, and a few recent books I had read, I have really enjoyed. When I finally began reading Time Between Us I fell in love with it straight away, while there is some emphasis on time travel, there is also romance, and the two blend together and work well to create a great story.

I love Anna as the protagonist, she is an average person going about her life when she stumbles upon Bennett. She enjoys running and takes parts in lots of races, and has a great friend who happens to be British (I couldn't help but put her part into a posh British accent in my head whenever she spoke and it sounded nothing like my own accent). Bennett is some mysterious new student in school and as he gets closer to Anna, he soon reveals his secrets and what exactly he is hiding. I enjoyed getting to see them slowly develop as friends then eventually more, and it was a constant when will Bennett appear or disappear, will he get found out?

Before I began reading I initially thought it would be told in two points of view, Anna's and Bennett's but it is only ever told in Anna's point of view, I would have loved to see his version of events and what he gets up to when he isn't with Anna and that is the only thing that let this book down.

Time Between Us is a must read for people wanting some romance, but also the different genre of book to read. Once I started I couldn't put it down, and in total reading time it only took me a few hours to get through. I am really looking forward to seeing what else Tamara has up her sleeves.

1 comment:

  1. I must read this! The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my favourite books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...