Thursday, 24 January 2013

Review: Vortex by Julie Cross


Title: Vortex
Author: Julie Cross
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Science Fiction
Series: Tempest #2
Source: Publisher
Format: Hardback
Publication Date: 3rd January 2013

Tell Me About It
Jackson Meyer has thrown himself into his role as an agent for Tempest, the shadowy division of the CIA that handles all time-travel-related threats. Despite his heartbreak at losing the love of his life, Jackson has proved himself to be an excellent agent.
However, all that changes when Holly—the girl he altered history to save—re-enters his life. And when Eyewall, an opposing division of the CIA, emerges, Jackson and his fellow agents find themselves under attack and on the run.

My Thoughts
I have been anticipating the release of Vortex since I finished reading Tempest last year.  Vortex introduces us to a few new faces, and some faces from the past, Stewart, Kendrick, Mason, join Jackson as a member of Tempest, and they start training immediately in order to prepare for attacks from the Enemies Of Time.
Stewart was one character I wasn't too keen on at first, but the more we learn about her, the more she began to grow on me, and I loved how devious and sneaky she can be.  The things that Jackson learns for his training and how quickly he learns them was fascinating, his ability to learn so many languages so quickly would have been very handy for school.

Being a member of Tempest, and in Jackson's case, being able to travel through time is not easy.  Being constantly on edge, worrying about attacks, or making sure the lies set up that were meant to be your life weren't discovered, sounds like too much hard work.  Reading the book alone was certainly nerve wracking and I think the only thing I would like is the time travelling ability, and all the cool gadgets.

Vortex does not lack for action, and the continuous action, mystery and tension ensures that you are hooked quickly, and that you stay hooked right up to the last page (which I don't like too much thanks to the huge cliff we are left hanging on).  While I didn't enjoy Vortex as much as Tempest it certainly had me wanting more, and the ending.....I NEED the next book now, I NEED to know what happens next.  I can't believe we have to wait a whole year to find out what happens with the characters involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...