Sunday, 24 February 2013

Clock Rewinders & Stacking the Shelves



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.

Recap on Much Loved Books

Monday- Did you see the AMAZING cover for Fairyvisions by J.L. Bryan, check it out here
Tuesday- I managed to read another book on my TBR pile, Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
Wednesday- See what I am Desperately Wanting to read
Thursday- Dance of Shadows finally has a review up on my blog
Friday- Check out my review for OMG!
Saturday- Devil's due review

I finally updated my list of books for 2013 TBR Pile challenge and I have two thoughts.  Firstly I had no idea I had this many books from the past few years waiting to be read, and secondly I want to run and hide from this list.  The list is partially linked to goodreads and its all the books on my shelves or on my kindle/eBook reader on my iPad.  However I still have a few more books floating around from when I had my old eReader, but I'm a bit scared to add them on  >_<

In my world

I managed to read most of the books I planned to last week, so I am feeling acomplisehd this week. I also signed up for race for life again this year. Some of you know the personal reasons for me doing this but there is also an added reason this year. If anyone want to donate to this great cause then follow the link at the top right sidebar.

What's going on in the blogosphere

Booktrust has new campaign aimed at encouraging Dads to get reading with their families, you can find all the information on the website here.

They launched this campaign with an event at Greenwich Library, with readings from the bestselling thriller writer James Patterson and HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. You can see a video of James discussing the importance of reading with your children here.  Booktrust CEO Viv Bird and writer in residence Matt Haig were featured on the Today Programme on BBC radio 4 and James Patterson was on Sky News Sunrise. You can also read Matt’s blog on the issue here.

My Reads

Just finished- The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson & Fuse by Julie Baggott
Currently Reading- Sister Assassin by Kiersten White & The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
Up Next- Geek Girl by Holly Smale



[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
A Month With April-May by Edyth Bulbring

The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton free on amazon [UK]
None of the Regular Rules by Erin Downing free on amazon


I also got a signed book plate and bookmark from Holly Schindler.  She sent out request for us to send in a question for her vlog, if our question was picked she would send us out goodies.  You can check out her video and see what question I asked by checking out her blog.

You have no idea how excited I was to open my parcels this week.  A Month With April-May is one I had previously read last year and reviewed earlier on this year, but the publisher kindly sent out finished copies to the bloggers who have been quoted in it.
bookquote
Click to enlarge
Girl of Nightmares is another book I have been wanting to read since I finished Anna Dressed In Blood,  so I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with Anna and Cas now.  The Torn Wing is still free at the time this goes to post, so go get a copy now while you can.  None of the Regular Rules sounds interesting and I am looking forward to reading this one
Breaking Point was a surprise, although I had been promised a copy last year I really didn't think I would have been remembered.  A HUGE thank you to the publicist who sorted this out for me and getting it sent thousands of miles to my house.

4 comments:

  1. OOO, well done on being quoted, Michelle! :) So kind of the publisher to send you a finished copy! ;) Looks like you have some great books in your haul this week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in a book!!! That is so awesome! Can't wait to read None of the Regular Rules & Breaking Point! Great haul - hope you love everything! <3
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to read Anna Dressed in Blood, but I've heard such good things about the series. I'll check on The Torn Wing, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant week!!!Hope you like your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...