Monday, 11 February 2013

Review: The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington


Title: The Dead and Buried
Author: Kim Harrington
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Netgalley
Format: eGalley
Publication Date: 1st January 2013

Tell Me About It
A haunted house, a buried mystery, and a very angry ghost make this one unforgettable thriller.

Jade loves the house she's just moved into with her family. She doesn't even mind being the new girl at the high school: It's a fresh start, and there's that one guy with the dreamy blue eyes. . . . But then things begin happening. Strange, otherworldly things. Jade's little brother claims to see a glimmering girl in his room. Jade's jewelry gets moved around, as if by an invisible hand. Kids at school whisper behind her back like they know something she doesn't.

Soon, Jade must face an impossible fact: that her perfect house is haunted. Haunted by a ghost who's seeking not just vengeance, but the truth. The ghost of a girl who ruled Jade's school — until her untimely death last year. It's up to Jade to put the pieces together before her own life is at stake. As Jade investigates the mystery, she discovers that her new friends in town have more than a few deep, dark secrets. But is one of them a murderer?

My Thoughts
When I saw The Dead and Buried on netgalley last year I immediately put in a request, and I was very surprised to see my request accepted just a few weeks ago.
Jade, lost her mother to cancer and her Dad remarried, soon after Jade is no longer an only child, she is now an older sister to Colby.  However, all is not as it seems and soon Jade must discover who is haunting her house and why before they hurt someone she loves.
When I began reading The Dead and Buried I was very intrigued over what was going on, and the mysterious Donovan and Kane just made the mystery even more mysterious.  As the bits and pieces slowly come together I was still trying to work out who was responsible and why, and as usual my sleuthing skills were way off target, but I enjoyed trying to solve it myself.

Jade doesn't exactly have an easy life, losing her mother, gaining a step mother and step brother, then having to uproot and move away from her school and friends.  One thing I did like about her was how when she started her new school she didn't try to get into any clique.  She was her own person and hung out with people because she liked them as a person, and not for their popularity status.  I admire her for trying her hardest to save Colby and figure out who was responsible, and no matter what was thrown in her way she carried on, finding other ways to save Colby.
I loved her stone collection and how she knows which stone is used for what purpose, picking ones that are suitable for her planned task that day.

The Dead and Buried was a good read from start to finish, it kept me engrossed in the storyline and wanting to find out what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. Gonna try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice book. I am very interested about online books and I am searching about the gymnastics books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...