Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Review: Fair Game by Patricia Briggs


Title: Fair Game
Author: Patricia Briggs
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Alpha & Omega #3
Source: Purchased by myself
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: 6th March 2012

Tell Me About It
They say opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant alpha. While Anna, an omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind.

Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles.

Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston, when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial killer case. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves-all of them were. Someone is targeting their kind. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights...
My Thoughts
I love Mercedes Thompson series, but I was a bit slow on the uptake with Alpha and Omega, but after finding these books I soon found I loved this series just as much as Mercedes's books.
I read this book on a journey to and from London so I have no notes about my thoughts about the book like I usually have with my other reviews, so this review is from memory.

The wolves are out in the open and Charles and Anna sent to work with human police to solve a murder, but instead of Charles being the 'leader', he is there as back up for Anna  who does a fantastic job of working with the police  making them comfortable and at ease, but also guiding them about their behaviour with Charles.  Charles is distracted with the ghosts of people he has had to kill on his fathers orders, and this break with Anna is what he needs to set things right with himself, but it takes a while and some help from Anna before he is able to be at ease with what he does and the ghosts of his past.

I really enjoyed getting to see Anna take a lead role in Fair Game, rather than following Charles's footsteps, and I like how she includes him by asking for advice and guidance, but not making him the person in charge.  The suspense and mystery kept me engrossed and constantly guessing what was going to happen and if they would solve th case in time or not.  The characters that we get to meet in Fair Game have their own personalities, some I liked instantly, while others I never trusted fully and the way Patricia has written Fair Game makes sure you you are never too sure on you own judgements about them.  The ending literally had me wanting more  like right now, and we have to wait forever to find out what happens next,  but since this book was released last year and I have only just read it, I am hoping the wait wont seem as long as what it should have been even though there is not set date or confirmation of another book in this series..

Patricia Briggs has once again managed to draw me win with her writing and I did not want to put the book down  I was so engrossed I had 3/4 of the book read before I even got to London on a 2 1/2 hour train journey.  If you haven't read any of Patricia's books you should start now.

1 comment:

  1. First time I've heard of the series. The characters sound fab so hopefully I'll get a chance to pick this up when I lift my head out of the YA cloud. Great review, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...