Sunday, 17 March 2013

Clock Rewinders & Stacking the Shelves



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.


Recap on Much Loved Books

Monday- A new online game based on Michael Grant’s GONE series for teens, marks the sixth and final book.  Find out more information here
Wednesday- My review of Breaking Point was up today and it was one of my most anticipated reads this year, find out what I thought about it here
Thursday- My event report for the Random House Children's Publishers Blogger Event can be found here

In my world

My TBR pile was scaring me, it was like the leaning tower of books so I decided to organise it.

This is my original TBR bookcase, every single book on here is waiting to be read. The ones marked with a red star are my review books that I have requested, or received from blogger events.
Since I have matching bookcases I emptied my other bookcase of DVD,s videos and CD, and moved my books over.  So now I have two bookcase of TBR books.  The first bookcase below holds my review copies.  The Green arrow is pointing to books I have requested, and the red arrow is books I have received from blogger events, with my own books taking residence in the bottom two shelves.  The second bookcase consists of all of my own books waiting to be read.  I feel slightly better about this, my review pile is now less scary, and I am not in danger of having books fall on my when I walk into the room.


What's going on in the blogosphere

Google reader is shutting down in July [source] and this will affect a lot of us.  If you follow your favourite blogs by using Google reader then I advise you to spread the word and let them know so that you can still follow via other ways.  Parajunkee also has a great post about other alternatives

Jennifer L Armentrout to be published in the UK by Hodder
Hodder will be publishing 10 of American author Jennifer L Armentrout’s novels in the UK! They will be publishing seven titles in the YA paranormal Covenant series, a paranormal standalone, Cursed, plus two mystery thrillers written by Jennifer.

They are publishing the Covenant novels plus Cursed in eBook on 25th April, and the first mystery thriller, Don’t Look Back, will be published in April 2014 in paperback and eBook.

Laini Taylor Competition
Want to bring the DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE trilogy to life? You can in Laini Taylor's trailer competition! There's even a $1000 prize...

To enter, simply:
1) Create a trailer - of any kind - for DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT
2) Upload it to YouTube
3) Paste the link into the comments section at http://www.youtube.com/smokeandbonebook

They will be collating the videos in a playlist on that channel, so check back to see all the entries, and of course the winners.

Deadline: 1st May 2013
More details available at http://www.lainitaylor.com/2012/11/two-days-contest-alert.html although please note the change to the deadline.

My Reads

Just finished- The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton and Killing Rachel by Ann Cassidy
Currently Reading- Hidden Among Us by Katy Moran
Up Next- Requiem by Lauren Oliver



[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

Depths by Liz Reinhardt & Steph Campbell
Worm winds of Zanzibar by Martin Dukes for review
Doll bones by Holly Black from netgalley for review

The 5th wave by Rick Yancey from netgalley for review
The after girls by Leah Konen from Merit Press for review
Silent Saturday by Helen Grant from publisher for review

Breathing underwater by Julia Green from Raimy @ Readaraptor
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen from Raimy @ Readaraptor
Pulse by Patrick Carman purchased by myself

I am really looking forward to reading some of these books I have this week.  The 5th Wave sounds interesting so I am looking forward to starting this one.  Depths was a surprise in my email on Monday which definitely made it a great start to the week.
Huge thank you to Raimy for the two books I received off her this week, I am not sure when I will get to read them but I hope it's soon.





3 comments:

  1. I have to say, I like the look of The 5th Wave and Depths! Great reads, Michelle! And well done on reorganising your bookshelves! Mine need doing it too but it's more to do with buying another bookcase, because the current one is overflowing. Enjoy all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bookshelves are looking like your before pic! I really need to take the time to organize them. I've run out of space so I need to get creative about displaying them. I've already moved movies and CDs, but I think I'll have to move more to make room for my homeless books lol.
    Great haul! Out of all of these, I've only read Scarlet and it was fantastic - one of my favourites of last year. I hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle,

    Lauren Oliver will be here in Peterborough on March 21st. Are you coming here or going to London?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...