Sunday, 10 March 2013

Clock Rewinders & Stacking the Shevles



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.

Recap on Much Loved Books

Sunday: Check out my review of Geek Girl by Holly Smale
Monday: A unforgettable read, my review of Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Wednesday: My review of Shards & Ashes went up today
Thursday: Sever, my review of the final instalment in The Chemical Garden Trilogy

In my world

Yesterday I got to go to my first ever Random House Children's Publishers blogger brunch.  I got to meet a few bloggers I had previously met, and see a few new faces.  We learnt about some fantastic books being released this year and got to meet authors Jonathan Stroud and Amy McCulloch.  The event went on in London so I had to travel down there, but most importantly I tackled the tube by myself for the first time.
I am behind on my goodreads challenge by 7 books O_o and still tackling my February reads but I am hoping to pick up my pace very soon.

What's going on in the blogosphere


Tor have signed a book deal with Liz De Jager.  Liz was a UK blogger and ran My Favourite Books until they shuts it's doors in December 2012.

I have had the great pleasure to meet Liz on a few occasions while attending various blogger events and I am super excited for her.  To learn more about her book deal visit Tor's website.



My Reads

Just finished- Sever by Lauren DeStefano
Currently Reading- Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
Up Next- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge



[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger purchased by myself
Dualed by Elsie Chapman purchased by myself
Itch Rocks by Simon Mayo purchased by myself


Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein purchased by myself
The Ruining by Anna Collomore purchased by myself
Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs purchased by myself
Bruised by Sarah Skilton from publisher for review


The Last Minute|Acid|The Oathbreaker's Shadow
The Screaming Staircase sampler|Where the Wild Things Are
all from Random House Children's Publishers blogger event


Reached|How To Fall|Tempest Rising from Sarah @ Feeling Fictional
The Things We Did for Love|Here Lies Bridget from Lucy @ Choose YA
Defiance|Skylark from Michelle @ Fluttering Butterflies

As you can see I splurged on buying books this week but they are all books I have been wanting to read so I am looking forward to starting them, even though I don't know when I will.  I am a huge fan of Patricia Briggs so Frost Burned was pre-ordered last month and I want to just sit and read it now.
At the blogger event we got a few books to read, which I will do a separate post about in the week.  Going to blogger events also means requiring new books, while I took a bag full with me for other bloggers, I also obtained some back, I have all of these on my to-read list on goodreads so I am looking forward to reading them soon (hopefully)

What exciting things did you get this week?

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, Where the Wild Things Are. I love it. That's the first book I ever remember reading on my own, so it brings back great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun time. I wish there were more events near my town. The Ruining was really good..messes with your mind! Also, I hear Let the Sky Fall is really good. Hope you enjoy all your books.
    -Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wonderful haul, and great news about Liz De Jager, I'll pop over to read more.
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic haul, Michelle! I already see books I enjoyed (Skylar and Frost Burned) and books I'm dying to read myself (Acid) :) Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...