Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Poison Blog Tour: My First....

Today I have the great honor or being part of the blog tour for Poison by Bridget Zinn. For the tour we got to pick our own topic to write about based on our first..... Before I get to the post here is a bit of information about Poison and the author.

Poison by Bridget Zinn
Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she's the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom's future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.
But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart…misses.

Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king's army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she's not alone. She's armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can't stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?
Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she's certainly no damsel-in-distress—she's the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.


About Bridget Zinn
Bridget grew up in Wisconsin. She went to the county fair where she met the love of her life, Barrett Dowell. They got married right before she went in for exploratory surgery which revealed she had colon cancer. They christened that summer the "summer of love" and the two celebrated with several more weddings. Bridget continued to read and write until the day she died. Her last tweet was "Sunshine and a brand new book. Perfect."
Bridget wanted to make people laugh and hoped readers would enjoy spending time with the characters she created. As a librarian/writer she loved books with strong young women with aspirations. She also felt teens needed more humorous reads. She really wanted to write a book with pockets of warmth and happiness and hoped that her readers' copies would show the watermarks of many bath time reads.

Visit Bridget's website - http://www.bridgetzinn.com

My First.....

My post today was hard to pick from, there are a lot of 'Firsts' in my life, some bad and some good.  Today I decided to pick the first time I flew on a plane, left the country, and go to America.

It was back in 2000 and I was visiting my friend who lives in America.  I had the flight and everything paid for ages before I actually left the UK.  The days leading up to leaving I was nervous, excited and terrified.  I had to get 3 planes to get to my destination, UK to New York, New York to Texas, then Texas to Nebraska.  To top it all off I was going alone, which looking back on it now it was a very brave thing to do, but at the time I think nerves overtook.

I remember the morning we were due to leave, the car my Dad was using to drive me up there had broke down, so we had to scramble around to find another car we could use.  We managed to get to the airport just as they were letting the people though to the waiting area for the plane so I had to say a rushed and emotional goodbye to my parents.  After a short wait I eventually got onto the plane,found my seat, and put on my seat belt, which did not get removed throughout the entire flight.  I must have look petrified as the lady sitting next to me (who was super nice) started asking me questions, Was this my first flight? Where was I travelling to?.  During the lead up to take off I remember gripping the arm rests for dear life, she turned towards me and offered me a boiled sweet to suck while we took off.  As we were landing in New York she was super nice and let me lean across her to look out the window at the Statue of Liberty and all the buildings that we could see.

One plane down, two more to go.

I had to find my luggage, go through customs, put my luggage back on again, then go out the airport to get a shuttle bus to the terminal I needed, then hike for what felt ages to find where I was leaving from.  I got there with a few hours to spare so I listened to my CD's on my personal CD player (I feel so old saying that) while I waited.  The second flight wasn't as bad, but again I kept my seatbelt on the entire time.

Two planes down, one more to go.

The last and final plane was the scariest.  The previous two planes had been bog ones, this plane was a little passenger plane that felt every single bit of turbulence.  Thankfully this was only a short flight, 1 1/2 hours which went by quickly.  Upon arrival I found all my luggage (in one piece), found my friends Dad who was driving me to their house, and began the 6 hour drive to their house.

The two weeks I was there I had lots of fun, made even better with knee deep snow.  The flights back I felt more calmer and relaxed, although again the seat belt stayed on at all times.

This may have been my first trip on a plane to America, but it hasn't stopped me, and back in 2008 I went again to California, although this trip involved less planes but a longer time on the plane.

Check out the tour schedule below to see what other amazing authors and bloggers are taking part in this tour.

Tour Schedule

MARCH 12
E.M. Kokie
Nyrae Dawn
Julie "Manga Maniac Cafe"
Abby Niles
Pam "Bookalicious" van Hylckama
Jennifer McAndrews "Honestly YA"

MARCH 13
Kate Treadway "Verb Vixen"
Martha Brockenbrough
Cameron Y. - What the Cat Read
Bobbie Gould
Molly "Wrapped Up in Books"
Eileen Li

MARCH 14
Ashley Walsh "The Quiet Concert"
Jennifer Rummel "YA Book Nerd"
Tammy Hall
Laura Kaye
Melissa Simmons
Shelley Bunnell
Kate Bourne "The Book Monsters"
Taneesha "A Diary of a Book Addict"

MARCH 15
Caroline Starr Rose
Lindsey Loucks
Amy Alessio
Elyana Noreme
Rachel Patrick "Beauty and the Bookshelf"
Sonya "Sony the Book Lover"
Elizabeth Seckman

MARCH 16
Sara Bennett Wealer
Amy Plum
Betty G. Birney
Elizabeth Otto
Ellen Faith
Celeste Holloway

MARCH 17
Janet Fox
Erica "The Book Cellarx"
Amy Stewart "Simple Love of Reading"
Libby Fischer Hellmann
Melody May
Rebekah Faubion

MARCH 18
Jon Goldhirsch
MaryAnn Oprea @ Chapter by Chapter
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Brenna from Esther's Ever After
Lauren Thoman "The Housework Can Wait"
Annabelle Hammond "Read Write and Read Some More

MARCH 19
Lucia "The Loyal Book"
Jessica Miller "I Read to Relax"
Melissa de la Cruz
Sara Hayet "The Page Sage"
Tara Hudson
Rebecca Lamb

MARCH 20
Johanna Wright
Tara @ Shhh... Not While I'm Reading
Michelle "Much Loved Books"
Kristina Snyder
Zoe Dawson
Peter Salomon

MARCH 21
Gwenyth Love "Rants n Scribbles"
Sarah Evans
Robin Bielman
Mundie Moms (Katie)
Cynthia Leitich Smith
Tamson Weston

MARCH 22
Lucy "The Reading Date"
Carrie Ardoin "Sweet Southern Home"
Tracy James Jones
Nikki Wang "Fiction Freak"

MARCH 23
Amy Thau "Tripping Over Books"
Ashley G. "Wholly-books"
jone "Maclibrary"
Jaime @ Twisting the Lens
Crystal "Winterhaven Books"
Allison Kirk
Jess "Book Rook Reviews"

MARCH 24
Lucy Softich "Adventures in Bookland"
Stephanie "Poetry to Prose"
Caren Crane "Romance Bandits"
Lori Degman
Beth Saxton
DJ

MARCH 25
Michael Gettel-Gilmartin "Middle Grade Mafioso"
Ruth Tenzer Feldman "Blue Thread"
Lynne Kelly
Hafsah "Icey Books"
Samanthe Beck

MARCH 26
Becca "I'm Lost in Books"
Brook Gideon "Dead Gideons"
Natalie J. Damschroder, for Everybody Needs a Little Romance
Beth Revis
Damaris "Good Choice Reading"

MARCH 27
Amy G. (Kissed by Ink)
Stephanie Ruble
Angie Manfredi "Fat Girl Reading"
Rachel Coyne
Chris Miller

MARCH 28
Natalie J. Damschroder
Sara Shafer
Audra "The Society"
Laura Hernandez "Reviews at mse"
Stephanie "Love Life Read"

2 comments:

  1. What a great story--you are so brave to travel so far! I'm glad you enjoyed the USA! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, Michelle! I can't imagine travelling all that way by myself - kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...