Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Review: Shards & Ashes by Various Authors


Title: Shards & Ashes
Author: Various Authors
Genre: Dystopian
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: 13th February 2013

Tell Me About It
The world is gone, destroyed by human, ecological, or supernatural causes. Survivors dodge chemical warfare and cruel gods; they travel the reaches of space and inhabit underground caverns. Their enemies are disease, corrupt corporations, and one another; their resources are few, and their courage is tested.

Powerful, original dystopian tales from nine bestselling authors offer bleak insight, prophetic visions, and precious glimmers of light among the shards and ashes of a ruined world.

Stories from: Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, Kami Garcia, Nancy Holder, Melissa Marr, Beth Revis, Veronica Roth, Carrie Ryan, and Margaret Stohl.

My Thoughts
The minute I heard about Shards & Ashes I knew I had to read it, with some of my favourite authors, Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr, Veronica Roth, and Rachel Caine there was no question about it.  Shards & Ashes has 9 books in totals, Hearken by Veronica Roth, Branded by Kelley Armstrong, Necklace of Raindrops by Margaret Stohl, Dogsbody by Rachel Caine, Pale Rider by Nancy Holder, Corpse Eaters by Melissa Marr, Burn 3 by Kami Garcia, Love is a Choice by Beth Revis, and Miasma by Carrie Ryan.

One thing I love about anthologies is the chance to get to read books from authors you have not read before and get to see whether you like their writing style or not.  Shards & Ashes has a great selection of stories and is one of the best anthologies I have read.  I enjoyed every story within the book, with Hearken and Necklace of Raindrops standing out more.  Each story has their own unique plot so it was easy to differentiate each one from the other, and also enable me to remember them individually.

After finishing Shards & Ashes I am definitely going to look into more books by the authors I have not read yet.  Anyone looking for a quick read or to sample the authors works, this book is the one to pick.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading Shards and Ashes. I didn't used to read short stories, but they've really grown on me in the last year. Great review, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...