Sunday, 21 April 2013

Clock Rewinders & Stacking the Shelves



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.

Recap on Much Loved Books

Monday-Could you give up all technology, check out my review and see how Mallory does.
Tuesday- The final instalmnet for The Iron Witch Series by Karen Mahoney, see what I thought of it.
Thursday- Waiting for the Storm, another great book from Marie Landry, check out my review.

In my world

This week has been an exciting week for me, we got a new addition to the family.........the bookcase family. If you follow me on twitter you will see my progress pictures. I swapped two of my small bookcases with five white ones from my friends after her recent house move. I will do a post about it through the week to show the progress and final result.

What's going on in the blogosphere

The fabulous Rachel Caine is on tour again, to see if she is coming to a town near you check out her Eventful page for more info. She is also coming to Liverpool on 13th May, although this isn't up on the list yet.

My Reads

Just finished- The After Girls by Leah Konen & Silent Saturday by Helen Grant
Currently Reading- The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting & Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson
Up Next- Desires of the Dead by Kimberley Derting & Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson



[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson from netgalley read now
Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson from netgalley read now
Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins from netgalley for review
The Hollows Insider by Kim Harrison purchased by myself

Shift by Hugh Howy from netgalley for review
For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison purchased by myself
You Don't Know Me by Sophia Bennett from publisher for review
Railsea by China Nieville from publisher (unsolicited)





I also won a signed copy of Cinder by Marissa Meyer from Sarah @ Feeling Fictional for her Birthday Giveaway.





My niece also made a few handbags out of paper for My Mum, a neighbour, and me.   It is very rare I get things made for me off her so I have put it in a nice safe place.




I have heard a lot of good things about Full Blooded and Hot Blooded so I decided to get them from netgalley while they were read now, and give them a go.  Belonging also sounds really good, however I didn't realise it was the second book in the series so I will have to try and get the first book before I read this one.  I finished Wool earlier this year and I knew I had to request Shift, I need to see how it all started.  You Don't Know me sounds amazing and I am looking forward to starting this one very soon.
I already have the first book in The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison, and I am slowly buying them but making sure they have similar covers.  However I have discovered that some of the books in the series do not have the newer style covers yet and some are really hard to get hold of, either too expensive or out of stock.  I saw A Few Demons More with only 2 left in stock so I had to pick it up, and even though it doesn't match the cover I have, this being an older version, I have resigned myself to the fact that this series may be one that will not match, and that I will just have to grit my teeth and get on with it.  I also picked up The Hollows Insider, I have had a quick flick through the pages and like what I have seen, but since I don't know exactly what is in it I am going to wait before I read it in case it spoils it for books in the series.  It also glows in the dark and I got it at a bargain price.

7 comments:

  1. That is one amazing book haul, Michelle! Well done! I'm behind on Kim's books, haven't read the last 2, but I do like UK paperback redesign, I wasn't a fan of previous covers. Enjoy all your lovely reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant week for you Michelle! Stand out things for me are the signed Cinder book, love that cover & the handmade paper bag, just fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books for you this week! Congrats on the signed copy of Cinder! I love that series! I am a new follower via GFC :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full Blooded and Hot Blooded look awesome! And I liked Cinder a lot but I loooved Scarlet! Enjoy your reads!

    Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul. Happy reading :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited about You Don't Know Me! Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase is sending me her copy because I loved the author's previous book so I hope it's as good as it sounds :) Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...