Sunday, 28 April 2013

Clock Rewinders & Stacking the Shelves



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.

Recap on Much Loved Books

Monday: My review of The After Girls by Leah Konen
Wednesday: Touring the shelves, a look at the new additions to my book case family
Thursday: A review Silent Saturday by Helen Grant went live today
Friday: The Body Finder Series, my reviews of books 1-3

In my world

I went to watch Iron Man Three with my Dad and my Brother yesterday.  We all really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to a few other movies we saw in the trailers

What's going on in the blogosphere

*Looking for a blogger pen-pal, then check out Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts post to find out more.
*Have you seen the cover for Unhinged, the second book in the Splintered universe by A. G. Howard?  Check out A&C Kids UK facebook page to find out more about the book and see the AMAZING cover.
*Rachel Caine is once again touring the UK.  To check out where she will be and when check out the tour schedule on the Allison and Busby press release.

My Reads

Just finished- The Last Echo by Kimberley Derting & Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson
Currently Reading- Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson & Dead Silence by Kimberley Derting
Up Next- The Elite by Kiera Cass


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

Love Is A Number by Lee Monroe from publisher for review
Quicksilver by R.J. Anderson from publisher for review
Kite Spirit by Sita Brahmachari from publisher for review
Half Lives by Sara Grant from publisher for review

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett from netgalley for review
Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong purchased by myself
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers won from Sarah @ Feeling Fictional
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo from publisher for review

Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike from publisher for review
Imposter by Jill Hathaway from publisher for review
The Elite by Kiera Cass from publisher for review
Red Moon by Benjamin Percy from publisher for review [unsolicited]

Fall of Night by Rachel Caine from publisher for review
The Drowning by Rachel Ward from publisher for review
Stung by Bethany Wiggins from publisher for review
Trick by Lori Garrett from author [unsolicited]


I have no idea where to start with my haul this week.  I knew I had requested most of these book I just didn't expect them to all arrive this week.  Some of them I requested a few months ago so its been a long wait for them to arrive.
Most of these books are the next instalment in their series  so I am really excited to read them and see what happens next.  I have already read Personal Demon, but I had the old version of the cover.  I saw this on Book Depository for £3 and it was too much of a bargain to not pick up.
Fall of Night is another book I am excited to read, however I need to read the previous book before I get to this.
Red Moon was unsolicited but I am very intrigued by it and am looking forward to reading it.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the publishers that send me books for review.  Each and every one is really appreciated and I intended to kick my butt into gear and start reading a bit faster.


What exciting things did you get this week?

3 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Half Lives - it always catches my eye. I need to read Grave Mercy, everyone loves it - I'm so behind!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of the Iron Man movies, but I should because I love Robert Downey Jr. I keep seeing the previews for the third one but didn't realize it was already out!
    I got Quicksilver a couple months ago for review and posted my review this past week. Have you read Ultraviolet? I hope you enjoy it!

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Michelle! You have The Drowning! I love Rachel Ward's writing! Red Moon also has an amazing cover. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts. Enjoy all your wonderful reads! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...