Saturday, 6 April 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Title: Clockwork Princess
Author: Cassandra Clare
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook|Tumblr
Genre: Young Adult
Series: The Infernal Devices #3
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 19th March 2013

Tell Me About It
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
My Thoughts
I am going to write this review and keep it completely spoiler free, I want every person who reads this to enjoy the roller coaster ride of emotions that I did, and what a roller coaster it was.
I loved the humour in this book and there are plenty of opportunities for Will to share his, especially with the end result of how demon pox has affected Benedict Lightwood.

Bridget continues to keep us entertained with morbid songs but we get to see her in action too and she can really kick ass. Some the the things she does I did not expect to see from here, I think this is because she is always just a voice in the background and we don't get to see her in action a lot.

Cecily is one of the main characters in this book, and although she is related to a Shadowhunter I did not expect much from her. The first fight we see her in I was speechless and I can definitely see how her skills are continued on through her family.

Gabriel and Gideon play an important role in Clockwork Princess, all their sneaking and lying comes in very useful. I enjoyed getting to see these brothers find romance and become friends with the other Shadowhunters in the Institute.

Charlotte and Henry go through so much in this book, but they work wonders with what is provided for them and what they create we get to see being used years down the line. What happens to Henry towards the end of the book broke my heart, but to see them continue fighting was truly inspiring.

Sophie really shines in Clockwork Princess, not only does she finally find love, she is also included among the Shadowhunters during fights, and she may be mild and meek as a housemaid, but as a fighter we get to see her real skills. I loved the ending for her and I am so happy for what she gets

Jem and Will, what can I say about this amazing duo. There is more humour, more jibes at each other, but we also get to see the sensitive sides to them. We get to see the length that Will will go to in order to help Jem, but also how much Jem cares for Will.

I loved the following quote and to me it really embodies what a Parabati is and does for the other.
“I always loved you, Will, whatever you did. And now I need you to do for me what I cannot do for myself. For you to be my eyes when I do not have them. For you to be my hands when I cannot use my own. For you to be my hear when mine is done with beating.
No, said Will wildly. No, no, no. I will not be those things. Your eyes will see, your hands will feel, your hear will continue to beat."

Tessa, what can I say about her.  She has come so far from when we first met her in clockwork Angel.  We get to see her powers in action at the very best, and also the true meaning of her clockwork angel.  She is a kick ass fighter and deserves to be a Shadowhunter like everyone else.  We also learn of her true parentage and what really happened, which was something I didn't expect.

Clockwork Princess had me laughing at the humour, gasping at the shock of things I didn't expect, crying at the sadness and heartbreak.  Clockwork Princess not only started amazing, but that only got better and better.  I have not experienced the amount of emotions that I experienced reading this book in a while and I am still on a high after finishing the book.  What happened in the pages did not disappoint me at all, and although I had read something that happens before I actually started the book, I still enjoyed every single word.  The epilogue to me was a perfect end to this series, but also a perfect start to what books follow in other series's.

There is so much that goes in in Clockwork Princess that it is impossible to put it all into words, not only how I feel, but also what happens, and if I did that the nit would spoil it for all of you.  If you are a fan of Cassandra Clare and you have not read The Infernal Devices yet, then you need to fix that now, pick up these books and read like you life depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...