Saturday, 13 April 2013

Review: With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent


Title: With All My Soul
Author: Rachel Vincent
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Soul Screamers #7
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 5th April 2013

Tell Me About It
After spending the last year undead, Kaylee Cavanaugh has had enough of the paranormal creatures who have plagued her ever since she came into her banshee powers. Now she's ready to take her school back from the evil hellions, once and forever.

To protect her friends, Kaylee will need to find a way to turn the living incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another.

Yet when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realises she can't save everyone she loves without making some powerful sacrifices...

My Thoughts
With All My Soul is the final book in the Soul Screamer Series, and while part of me has been wanting to read this book since I finished Before I Wake I have also been dreading it.  Reading this book meant that the series had well and truly finished, that there was no going back once I opened the book.  I so badly wanted to take my time reading With All My Soul, making each chapter last and savouring every single word...well that plan well and truly went out the window.  The second I began reading I was hooked, it was like I had been starved of books for a whole entire time and I had to devour this one.

With All My Soul begins begins with a funeral that is attended by Kaylee and her friends, during the ceremony Kaylee reminisces about the past and goes through list of people she has lost, I abruptly stopped reading, I had forgotten who had previously died in Before I Wake and the sudden loss hit me all over again.

I can't put into words how much With All My Soul rocked my socks off.  Kaylee is stronger and more sure about her feelings for Tod and what she wants to do.  Emma is just as tough and I loved her speech to prove that she was ready and able to fight.  Tod is just as cute and even more devoted to Kaylee than I believed possible, the things he does for her in this book are above and beyond what is expected of any boyfriend, and when we find out more about not only Kaylee and Tod's relationship, but also Kaylee's parents relationship I definitely cried tears of sadness and happiness, and had an 'awww' moment.  Even Sabine managed to sneak into my good books, and her power definitely has its uses in this book.

Avari is just as much a pain in the ass as he has always been, but this also leads to some humorous interactions between him and Tod which had me laughing out loud.  I really enjoyed seeing the whole gang again, it felt like I was catching up with old friends.  They are all there for each other even more than before and have each others backs.  Yes there were lots of tears, but also lots of laughter and 'aww' moments
"...Now I was a "resurrected American," better known, in colloquial terms, as life-challenged."
With All My Soul was absolute perfection and there is not one thing I would want to see changed. Even that last chapter was perfect, the reader gets closure and gets to see what happens next, Kaylee and Nash get closure as do Sabine and Sophie.  Each character really makes a stand in this book for their own reasons and they all stick in my mind, even after reading two more books since I finished this.

My only coherent thoughts after finishing With All My Soul are:
I want to read this book again
I want to read the entire series again
YOU have to read this series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...