Sunday, 19 May 2013

Clock Rewinders & Stacking the Shelves



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.


Recap on Much Loved Books

Monday- Drummer Girl was a surprising read that I could not put down.[review]
Tuesday- One of my most anticipated 2013 releases, but did it live up to my expectations, take a look and see [review]
Wednesday- Is it November yet, check out my Waiting On Wednesday to see what I'm waiting for.
Thursday- I am so sad to see this series coming to an end, check out my review for Fall of Night.
Friday- Slide was a unique book in 2011, see what I thought of Imposter, the latest addition to the series by Jill Hathaway.

In my world

I got to see Rachel Caine in Liverpool on Monday, and I got to meet up with a few other people there. Eleanor and Jen are two who I previously met last year, but I also got to meet Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, who was over here for the month.
We also met up on Thursday and spent a few hours in town book shopping and we got some amazing bargains.
This Friday I will be taking part in the Roy Castle Dream Walk for my Dad. This is the second time I have participated and I am looking forward to it.

What's going on in the blogosphere

Anna Banks has a pre-order bonus content going. If you pre-order Of Triton or purchase it between the dates of May 28th through June 2nd 2013 and send proof you get some bonus content from Of Poseidon, and trhe first chapter of Of Triton. Check out her website for more details.

Cover for Aleigant, the third book in the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth,  has been released.  Both the USA and the UK version.  Which one is your favourite.  I love the USA versions but I have to admit I prefer this UK version to the previous UK covers of the series.
UK
USA











My Reads

Just finished- The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Currently Reading- Screwed by Laurie Plissner and The Drowning by Rachel Ward
Up Next- Touching Melody by Rashelle Workman


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

The Program by Suzanne Young from Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books
Arclight by Josin L.McQuein from Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books
Gated by Amy Christine Parker from netgalley for review.

The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach purchased by myself
Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones purchased by myself
Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine purchased by myself

Chill Factor by Rachel Caine purchased by myself
Windfall by Rachel Caine purchased by myself
Firestorm by Rachel Caine purchased by myself

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer purchased by myself
The Rising by Kelley Armstrong purchased by myself
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rosi purchased by myself

Lingerie Wars by Janet Elizabeth Henderson from netgalley on a read now
The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen purchased by myself
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper purchased by myself

Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
Touching Melody by RaShelle Workman from netgalley for review
Tidal by Amanda Hocking from publisher


I kinda went a bit crazy with the book buying this week, although I didn't actually spend that much money. I got two sets of £10 gift cards, one off a baby in work who has just moved up, and one off a friend who I gave a tone of books to. So I got Scarlet and The Rising for £10.06 from Amazon, so I really only paid 6p of my own money.
I got The Art of Fielding, Etiquette & Espionage, Under the Never Sky, Fallen Grace, Heat Stroke and Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet from The Works, and for them all it was under £10. I also got Chill Factor, Windfall and Firestorm from The Works, my friend picked them up for me from her shop and they cost just over £3
The Vampire Stalker was only £1.50 at a discount book shop in town so I couldn't resist picking up this bargain.
Gated sounds like an interesting read so I am looking forward to reading this one.  Lingerie Wars sounds like it will be a fun read and a nice change to what I have been reading lately.
I received Tidal from the publisher, however I have not read the previous books in this series so I will probably look for a new home for this book.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you've got some interesting books there. I've heard a lot of good things about The Program and Under The Never Sky. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Is that a new cover for Tidal? I like it. I have the Program and Arclight, but haven't gotten to either yet. Gated looks interesting. Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    -Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Scarlet and look forward to The Program a lot, looks amazing. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of The Rising! I really enjoyed the first two books and I love her writing in general! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul, and great on meeting RC! Etiquette and Espionage was such a cute read, it's younger than I assumed but I'll enjoy watching Sophronia grow/ 'finish' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read the Weather Warden series! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy Fourth Grave. It's one of my favorites. I just received the fifth installment and I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...