Thursday, 9 May 2013

Review: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa


Title: The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Dystopia
Series: Blood of Eden #2
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 3rd May 2013

Tell Me About It
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


My Thoughts
I am writing this review after I have literally just put down The Eternity Cure, and I am at a loss for words at what to say about this book. I want to go into detail about the characters we meet and the journey Allison takes and every single things thrown in to surprise me, but I also want all of you to be surprised just like I was with the appearance of some old faces so this review is going to be brief and hopefully as spoiler free as I can make it.

The Eternity Cure starts up with Allie following a pull in two directions, picking her path she follows one way and runs into an old face, Jackal. After some discussion, and threats on each others lives, this duo make a hesitant truce in order to find their creator, Kanin. Jackal isn't necessary a character that you set out to like, and I for one din't like him, but being on the road with Allison lets you see his snarky side, and a lot of things he says had me laughing either from the reaction he gets from Allison, or how funny they actually are. Along the way we get to catch up with some old faces that I never expected to see or hear from again, but rather than halting the progression of the story, they just enhanced it and added a new element to Allison's and Jackals journey.

The Eternity Cure is so much more gripping than The Immortal Rules. There is more fighting, more vampires, more surprises than I've ever seen in a book before and what started out as a quest for Allison soon changes and is literally a fight were only the strongest survive.

Reading The Eternity Cure I was a nervous wreck. Never knowing what was around the corner and just when you think its settled down a new face or problem is thrown into the mix which puts you right back to sitting on the edge again. It wasn't until I finished reading that I breathed a sigh of relief finally able to calm down. New twists were added to this story that I never expected that just made me want to read faster, trying to get to the chapter to make sure this person was ok, or that this plan had been made and would be carried out. The ending of The Eternity Cure however is a whole different story, and while I sighed with relief to make it this far I am still left wondering how I am going to survive the wait for the next instalment without going insane from not knowing what is going to happen next.

While some books in a series suffer from 'Middle Book Syndrome', The Eternity Cure packs one hell of a punch and certainly makes its presence known, standing out by its own words rather than standing in the shadow of its predecessor. This is a MUST read for anyone who is a fan of Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey Series, or anyone who wants to read about a different type of vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...