Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Review: Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson


Title: Hot Blooded
Author: Amanda Carlson
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Jessica McClain #2
Source: Netgalley
Publication Date: 23rd April 2013

Tell Me About It
It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain.

Her mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge --- but Jessica is playing for keeps.

Because she's the only female werewolf in town...it comes with its own set of rules...and powers.

Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.

All in a day's work for a girl.

The second novel in the Jessica McClain series is a full on action adventure featuring one angry Goddess and plenty of monsters, demons, and a few newly risen beasties...
My Thoughts
Jessica is slowly coming to terms with being a wolf.  But not only is she dealing with this, but is also looking for Rourke while her Dad is looking for who is responsible for starting a war against their pack.  In the first few chapters we learn more about the Cain myth, but also another myth that was told to Jessica from an imp.
Hot Blooded picks up after the events in Full Blooded, and the main plot of the story is following Jessica as she finds where Seline's lair is, when she finds it she finds Rourke.  The with help of the vampires and a few pack members this small group sets out to find Seline, but the path is not easy and the enemies they face are certainly scary enough to discourage me from even thinking about wanting to look.  The one good thing about these enemies is that Jessica learns more about herself and her abilities, but also throws in new questions into the situation.

I love Danny, he never fails to make me laugh, but I have this thing of reading his parts with an English accent. I have no idea why I do this, I have never done it before, and to make it worse it isn't even like my own accent (I'm English for those who didn't know) it's with a posh English accent like from old movies.  Ray gets taught a lesson in humanity and while part of me thinks he gets what he deserves, part of me does feel a little bit sorry for him.

Hot Blooded is packed with action, romance and mystery, battling whatever demon turns up to stop them, then dealing with rogue wolves, moody vamps and then goddesses, add into this trying to find where Rourke is.  I enjoyed Hot Blooded much more than I did Full Blooded and I read this in a few hours.  Amanda Carlson has upped the ante with this instalment in this series and I am counting down the days till the release of Cold Blooded

2 comments:

  1. I've got the first book of this series sitting on my shelf and this review has made me want to get a move on with these books... although I am now worried that I too will be reading Danny's parts in a posh English accent lol. And I'm English too :)

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed this more than the first one. I'm starting it as soon as I finish up what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...