Saturday, 18 May 2013

Review: Imposter by Jill Hathaway


Title: Imposter
Author: Jill Hathaway
Author Info: Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Slide #2
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 26th April 2013

Tell Me About It
Be afraid of your shadow...Vee Bell has witnessed murder. She nearly died trying to track down the killer, all because of her secret condition. She'd tell her best friend Rollins but lately he seems more interested in his colleague Anna than her. Maybe she should confide in her long-lost aunt who's turned up out of the blue? All of a sudden life is happening in reverse: Vee is waking up in weird places not knowing what she's done. The only thing she's sure of is that someone is messing with her. And when a prank goes horribly wrong, this time the hands with blood on them might be hers.

My Thoughts
I first read Slide in 2011 after getting a copy from a blogger event, so it has been a long wait for me to see what happens next.  Slide had a unique concept to it that instantly had me hooked and I have been waiting to see how Jill can add a new twist on this with the publication of Imposter.
When I began reading Imposter I was able to pick up the story easily without having to worry that I had missed something out.  Jill manages to explain what previously happened in Slide by Vee, the protagonist, adding bits of important back story to her narration, but without it being too out of place.

Imposter beings with Vee having a dream, one she has had repeatedly for six months, of being in the car crash that killed her first love.  But this dream son becomes something more sinister when Vee wakes up in strange places and can't remember how she got there.  When the truth is finally revealed it wasn't what I expected, and is also a total surprise for Vee.

From the moment I began reading Imposter I could not put it down, and managed to finish it in a few hours.  Jill has one again drew me into the world and characters she has created and I found it extremely difficult to stop reading for a few minutes and be part of the human world again.
Imposter has the usual characters we know and love, Mattie, Vee's sister, and Rollins, who I have to admit I love him even more in this book, especially the half naked version of him, but you will have to read to find out more about that situation ;).  It also has some new faces, Regina is a new friend of Mattie, and some we don't particularly like, Samantha, Vee's ex-best friend.

Imposter has so much going on in the pages but its doesn't feel crowded or rushed.  We get to see a new relative  Lydia is Vee and Mattie's aunt who has come to visit them.  However she also has her own reasons for visiting and soon after some sleuthing Vee finds out why Lydia is there.  Vee is also torn between her feelings for Rollins, which come to light even more with the appearance of Anna, Rollins co-worker.  On top of all of this Vee is also trying to find out what is going on with her, why is she waking up in strange places and not remembering how she got there, who is sliding into her Dad and making him destroy photographs?

I loved every single thing about Imposter, the mystery of who was sliding into Vee?  What ulterior motives did Lydia have?  What really happened to Scott?  It was a constant game of guess the suspect that kept me on my toes and right up to the moment that each mystery is solved I never guessed what was going on, and the parts I did guess were totally wrong.  Imposter came to an end far too soon for my liking, and although it ends with closure for everything that goes on, I would love to see what happens next after the latest revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...