Sunday, 2 June 2013

Clock Rewinders and Stacking the Shelves



Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the brain-child of Tara from 25-Hour Books and Amanda from On A Book Bender. I am using it to share what has happened this past week on my blog, what is going on in the blogosphere, and also my reads and what incoming books I have received.

Recap on Much Loved Books
Monday 20th May: I reviewed Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike.
Tuesday 21st May: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey was revewied today.
Wednesday 22nd May: Come and see what my Waiting on Wednesday is.
Thursday 23rd May: I adored this book so much, The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller.
Friday 24th May: Screwed by Lauri Plissner saw it's review today.
Saturday 25th May: A book that kept me up till 2am, Touching Melody by RaShelle Workman
Sunday 26th May: Blog tour for Restrike by Reba White Williams
Monday 27th May: Ferryman by Claire Mcfall and Depths by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt saw reviews today.
Wednesday 29th May: Blog tour for Room 3 by Jonathan D Allen
Thursday 30th May: Greatly anticipated book, my review for Quicksilver by R.J. Anderson
Saturday 1st June: My review of a thought provoking book, You Don't Know Me by Sophia Bennett.

In my world
I have a new blog design thanks to Read-A-holicZ star designs.  I absolutely love it, she took on everything I said and just a few days later had the surprise of finding my design up and running.  So if you are getting this as an email post or through a feed then come and check out my new design.

What's going on in the blogosphere
Bookbrats has a great post with advice for new bloggers, it has some very insightful thoughts and is a must read ofr ALL budding bloggers

Random House UK has a trailer for Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman.  Take a look, you know you want to.


My Reads
Just finished- Kite Spirit by Sita Brahmachari
Currently Reading- Dare You To by Kate McGarry
Up Next- Half Lives by Sara Grant and Dragonfly by Leigh Talbert More



[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This is about two weeks worth of books.

Downpour by Kat Richardson purchased by myself
Parallel by Claudia Lefeve free on iBooks
The Girl in the Converse Shoes by Yaritza Garcia free on iBooks

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan free on iBooks
Invisible by Cecily Paterson fee on iBooks
Tall Tales from Pitch End by Nigel McDowell from publisher for review

Gloss by Marilyn Kaye from publisher for review (unsolicited)
Lost In You by Heidi McLaughlin purchased by myself
The Academy: Game On by Monica Seles won from goodreads

Falling Hard by Megan Sparks from netgalley for review [read already]
Freedom Road by T.M Souders from author for review as part of a blog tour
Angelfall by Susan Ee from publisher for review (unsolicited)

Of Triton by Anna Banks purchased by myself [read already]
Gemini by Penelope Ward free

Although I have an iPad I have never checked out iBooks before, I found some great books and I need to remind myself to check this out more often.  Tales From Pitch End sounds like a great read and I am looking forward to making a start on this soon.  I loved the sound of Falling Hard so I was excited to receive this from netgalley, I have already finished this book and my review will be up near publication date.  Freedom Road is to be read as part of a blog tour, so this one will be read very soon.  I love the cover for this one.  Angelfire and Gloss were both sent unsolicited but they sound like great reads, I am hoping to be able to fit these in between my review books.  Of Triton was a pre-order, and I got excited for each email telling me about its dispatch.  I intended to wait before reading this but I made a start on reading the first  few chapters and couldn't put it down.  While there wont be a review for this book on my blog as it was a 'for fun read' I am going to post a mini review on my thoughts on goodreads.  I really enjoyed Heidi's book Forever My Girl so I had to purchase Lost In You.

What exciting things have you received this week?

4 comments:

  1. Love your new design, it's so pretty!

    Angelfall is an amazing book, even though I'm not the biggest fan of angel stories, I loved that one.

    Enjoy all your books :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic new design, Michelle! I really like it! Congrats :) and please, read Angelfall - it's a phenomenal book! Enjoy all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, and love the new design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love new design and books this week are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...