Friday, 28 June 2013

Q and A with Faye from A Day Dreamer's thoughts

Today I have Faye from A Day Dreamer's Thoughts on the blog to answer some questions.

Photobucket

1. What is your name, either your real name or one you use for blogging, and tell us a bit about yourself?
Hello All, I’m Faye! *waves* I’m 22 years old and currently work part-time as a library assistant. I graduated university last year and have since just been trying to work out exactly what my next step in life is. For now I’m enjoying my job and just trying to save so that I can make a move somewhere. Which I’m sure is more than you ever needed to know about me.

2. Why did you become a blogger?
There are a few reasons why I started blogging. The first is because one of my oldest (as in, I’ve known her the longest, not as in age) friends was blogging and I loved all of her posts and she seemed to really enjoy it and then eventually encouraged me to join in on the fun. Secondly it was a way to portfolio my critical reviews as, at the time, I wanted to be a film critic, and now it is simply because I enjoy it!

3. Tell us about your blog…how did you pick the name for your blog?
My blog is essentially a book and film blog but it is mostly about books, and that is any old book too! As for the name; A Daydreamer’s Thoughts, I’ve also been told to “stop daydreaming” by my family and friends and so my username on tumblr was daydreamingstar, so when I transitioned to a blog, I figured my blog would be my thoughts on books and films, thus it made sense to me to call it A Daydreamer’s Thoughts.

4. How long have you been running it?
I’ve been running my blog for a year and eight months now – and yes, I did have to do the calculations then!

5. What genres of books do you review?
Everything. I know that sounds carazy but I don’t like to read the same genre over and over so I like my blog to reflect that. I pick books that I think look exciting to read and just get on with it. Though that does seem to be mainly YA books lately and a LOT of fantasy books...

6. To you what is the most important thing about being a blogger?
Having fun. It’s something that I HAVEN’T been having lately and it’s made me take a step back. Blogging should be enjoyable not stressful and if it’s not, then it just becomes too much. We do this for no money at all, we should therefore be doing it without any added stress. If that means that one day my blog has no new reviews but is just a place to participate in read-a-thons and the like, then so BE it.

7. Apart from getting to read some fantastic books before they are released, what is the best thing about being a blogger?
I actually em... am not too fussed about getting books before they’re released. I mean SOMETIMES it is AWESOME and my mind gets blown, but after a while it gets a bit too much. So for me, this question is sort of the same as the last one. The best thing about being a blogger is having fun. It’s joining in with the community, making new friends, and just enjoying every aspect of it!

8. If you could recommend one book or series which would it be and why?
The Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer. This is a YA Paranormal Romance series and it is one of THE best series you will ever read. I promise. Brigid is a phenomenal writer and really manages to make you FEEL so many things for EVERY single character. Her plots are always gripping and she just... has me in awe so much. Go. Read. The. Series. NOW.

9. How can we stalk follow you?
Blog - Twitter - You Tube - Facebook - Goodreads

Typecast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...