Friday, 14 June 2013

Q and A with Franny from Mind Reader

Today I have Franny on the blog answering some questions for me.

Photobucket


1.What is your name, either your real name or one you use for blogging, and tell us a bit about yourself?
My real name is Francesca, but everyone knows me as Franny. I live in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. I'm Italian, but I moved to London (where I lived for 4 years) in 2008 with my best friend. I started blogging two years ago, and after a long time jobless and trying to decide what to do with my own life, I started my own business, offering boutique services to independent and published authors. I have a long list of movies that I like, but my absolute favourite one is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original one). And thanks to my bff, I recently discovered a love for classics, like White Christmas and Charade. I also love cooking, which is why I spend countless time at my local Lakeland, dreaming about owning all that stuff, and I like tea.

2.Why did you become a blogger?
I have to thank the Royal Wedding for giving me the push to start blogging again. I used to have a blog on wordpress, but I wasn’t constant with it, and it was mainly to get things off my chest. I realized it was time to get a grip on my life and do something, and blog about books was one of them. I’ve been blogging since May 2011.

3.Tell us about your blog…how did you pick the name for your blog?
Mind Reader wasn’t the name of my blog when I started. The name was different, and probably too long. So I thought: what is a blog? A place where everyone shares their thoughts. And where do thoughts come from? People’s minds. So, we are basically reading other people’s thoughts. Hench, Mind Reader.

4.How long have you been running it?
Since May 2011, I recently celebrated two years!

5.What genres of books do you review?
Urban/Dark Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Historical Romance and Dark Erotica. I also read Dystopian, Steampunk and YA Paranormal, but I haven’t been in the mood for the latter, lately. Occasionally, I enjoy Chick-Lit too.

6.To you what is the most important thing about being a blogger?
The fact that I get to do what I love the most, and that’s reading and reviewing amazing books. And the fact that I get to meet and chat with amazing people it’s definitely a plus!

7.If you could recommend one book or series which would it be and why?
The Demon Trappers Series by Jana Oliver, I’ll never stop saying this. Jana is such a talented author and a great person, and her work is simply amazing! However, I’ve been kinda into The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. As you know, I live with Silvia of Darkest Sins, and since she’s reading it now and has been telling me all about it, I kinda grew attached to it.

8. How can we stalk follow you?
Mind Reader (all the links to my social media can be found in the left sidebar)
[blog|facebook|twitter|linkedin|goodreads|pinterest]

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for making me part of your celebration, Michelle!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...