Friday, 7 June 2013

Q and A with Jesse from Books 4 Teens

Today I have Jesse from Books 4 Teens on the blog

Photobucket


Happy Blogoversary!!!! :) Oh, and thanks for having me!

1. What is your name, either your real name or one you use for blogging, and tell us a bit about yourself?
Hello, I’m Jesse – I hail from Bristol and I am a book blogger (hang on – is this book bloggers anonymous?) Aside from the kind of obvious (I like reading) I can also be found learning to play the piano and trying my hand at other activities (that normally last for about a week!)

2. Why did you become a blogger?
To be honest I used to want to be a writer and I thought it would be a good way to keep track of what I liked in books and what I didn’t and therefore to help me write better. Well, it didn’t exactly pan out this way – I can’t write to save my life lol. So now it’s a place to share what I thought of the books I’ve read :)

3. Tell us about your blog…how did you pick the name for your blog?
The name is pretty straightforward – kind of an obvious one really. Books 4 Teens – as in books for teens. I was really surprised when I discovered the domain wasn’t already registered. I’m in awe of the names some people come up with though!

4. How long have you been running it?
I started the blog on the 28th January 2010 so almost 3 and a half years. Which to my ears sounds crazy, it’s the longest blog project I’ve ever attempted.

5. What genres of books do you review?
I have a motto when thinking of books – I’ll try anything once and I hope this is reflected in what I review. And to date there has only been one genre that has repeatedly left me not wanting more to the extent that I no longer review historical YA. I’d love however to read more contemporary, particularly from the UK!

6. To you what is the most important thing about being a blogger?
Having a passion for the subject you’re blogging about so in a book blogger case … books! After all you’re going to be spending a lot of time thinking about posts for them, reviewing them and most of all reading them. If you’re not completely interested in the subject, the chances are you’ll eventually get bored and give up!

7. Apart from getting to read some fantastic books before they are released, what is the best thing about being a blogger?
I think one of the best things about being a book blogger is the community that surrounds it; some of my favourite people I have come to know have come through blogging from other bloggers, authors and the awesome publicity people! 

8. If you could recommend one book or series which would it be and why?
That’s a cruel question ;) To be honest I like so many and want to recommend them all. The answer I guess really depends on when you ask, so with this in mind and if you’re going to make me at the moment my favourite series is Geekhood by Andy Robb (but I would also nod towards Geek Girl by Holly Smale). See, I couldn’t resist adding another one in! 

9. How can we stalk follow you?
Blog: http://www.books4teens.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jesserowen
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/teenbooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...