Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Q and A with Laura from Sister Spooky

To celebrate my 2nd blogoversary I asked a few bloggers to help me out.  Today I have Laura from Sisterspooky answering a few questions for me.

Photobucket


1. What is your name, either your real name or one you use for blogging, and tell us a bit about yourself?
Laura aka Sisterspooky I'm blogger for a few years but I've been blogging in general for many many years. I'm also a full time retail worker in chocolate and sweet shop.

 2. Why did you become a blogger?
 Basically because I love books. I ADORE THEM. I love all aspects of them and they've really changed my life. I found reading hard when I was a teen because I have dspyraxia which is kinda of like dyslexia and then finding YA made me love books again. It gave my a new world to tap into and I love the community so much. YAY BLOGGERS

 3. Tell us about your blog…how did you pick the name for your blog?
 The name comes from a random reference in the TV series in The X Files. I'm a big fan of that show and kind of took the name on yonks ago as my email address and just used it because I was used to it. Now it's taken on a life of its own.

 4. How long have you been running it?
 around 2-3 years. I'm terrible with dates so couldn't tell you exactly the start date!

 5. What genres of books do you review?
 YA and currently I'm on a kick for contemporary books. Bit sick of paranormal romances but the tides may change at any point!

 6. To you what is the most important thing about being a blogger?
 Being Honest! Be honest to publishers, to authors, bloggers and to your blog readers! It's the only way in my opinion and you'll be respected for it.

 7. Apart from getting to read some fantastic books before they are released, what is the best thing about being a blogger?
Being able to share my love of books with other people that love books as much as me.

8. If you could recommend one book or series which would it be and why?
 I couldn't dare just pick one! My favourite YA I've been shouting about for yonks is Geekhood by Andy Robb but also check out the books by C.J.Skuse, Tanya Byrne, Zoe Marriott, Cat Clarke, Philip Reeve, Keris Stainton, and Malorie Blackman Sorry. I know you asked for one but I just can't. Too many good UKYA!

 9. How can we stalk follow you? (Please leave links to blog, twitter, facebook, tumblr etc)
Blog|Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Great meeting Laura, and I'm terrible at dates too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...