Monday, 24 June 2013

Q and A with Lisa from A Life Bound By Books

Today I have Lisa from A Life Bound By Books to answer a few questions.

Photobucket

Happy blogoversary Michelle! Thanks for thinking of me and having to help celebrate with you!

1.What is your name, either your real name or one you use for blogging, and tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Lisa and I run the blog, A Life Bound By Books. I’ve been blogging for almost 4 years now and I still love doing it. I’m in Southern California, but have ties to Liverpool, UK and have plans to move there next year! YAY, can’t wait! Besides my blog of all things book-ish, I love to travel, movies music and my nieces and nephews as if they were my own.

2.Why did you become a blogger?
I became a blogger because I had found a couple while surfing the interview and also via GoodReads. I saw that it was such a larger community and not having a place or outlet here for my blog of reading I figured it would be the perfect place to find like minded people. Needless to say the book blogging community has gone above and beyond anything I could have imagined. *group hug!*

3.Tell us about your blog…how did you pick the name for your blog?
My blog name took me awhile to come up with. A Life Bound By Book is kind of a play on words and I think comes across as someone who is bound to her books and the books being bound and all.... well, it kind of stuck. The couple other names I had originally liked were taken. I can’t even remember what those names were now. But I love it!

4.How long have you been running it?
As mentioned above I’ve been blogging for almost 4 years now. I’m shocked that I’ve lasted but for me it’s all about having fun with it. When it starts to feel stressful, and all bloggers can admit that we all feel that way from time to time, I take a step back and read more, connect with fellow bloggers more to again cement for me why I started in the first place.

5.What genres of books do you review?
I read everything from Picture books, right on through Adult titles. However, you won’t see many adult reviews on my blog. I try to keep it Picture books – “New Adult”. I love anything that sounds good... Paranormal, Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Contemp, etc. Anything that sounds good I’ll give it a try.

6.To you what is the most important thing about being a blogger?
The most important thing is having fun with it all. Once that changes, I’m not doing things right. Also, to keep in the forefront of my mind that it’s my blog, I do this for me and if I don’t have a post everyday it’s okay.

7.Apart from getting to read some fantastic books before they are released, what is the best thing about being a blogger?
For me, it’s all about having other people to talk books with. Be excited about books with and to have a way to talk to the authors. I’ve made some amazing friends and I can’t wait to see what comes next!

8.If you could recommend one book or series which would it be and why?
UGH! This is a hard question. One of the best books I’ve ever read and I still think about now is – The Sky is Everywhere By: Jandy Nelson. This book always pops into my head... I think it’s time for a reread. This list could seriously go on and on so take a peek at my Favorite things list on Goodreads here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2001477-lisa-a-life-bound-by-books?shelf=afew-ofmy-favoritethings for some MUST READ TITLES!

9. How can we stalk follow you?
Blog: http://alifeboundbybooks.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoundByBooks
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/alifeboundbybooks
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/ALifeBoundByBooks
Bloglovin’: http://www.bloglovin.com/feed/blog/2031404







Thanks for having me Michelle!! Loved the questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...