Sunday, 30 June 2013

Q and A with Marie from Ramblings of a Daydreamer

My final blogoversary blogger is Marie from Ramblings of a Daydreamer

Photobucket


1. What is your name, either your real name or one you use for blogging, and tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m Marie Landry, also known as SweetMarie83 in the blogging world. I live in Ontario, Canada, and I’m an author and freelance writer. I love to read, write, blog, listen to music, take photographs, and I watch way too much TV. I’m a proud aunt to two amazing little boys, and my first niece is due this summer!

2. Why did you become a blogger?
I don’t have many ‘real life’ friends who like to read, so being a bookworm was always kind of lonely for me. When I discovered the wonderful world of book blogging, I realized there was a whole worldwide community out there of people who love reading as much as I do, and I knew I wanted to be part of it.

3. Tell us about your blog…how did you pick the name for your blog?
Ramblings of a Daydreamer actually started out as My Little Corner of the Net and it was sort of mish-mash of everything. When I discovered book blogging, I decided to focus on book reviews, author features, discussions, etc., and I chose Ramblings of a Daydreamer because I’d been using ‘Daydreamer’ in screen names for a long time.

4. How long have you been running it?
I started the blog in October 2010, and turned it into a book blog around March-April 2011.

5. What genres of books do you review?
I have really eclectic tastes, so I read and review just about anything. My favourite is contemporary young adult, but I also love romance, fantasy, and paranormal, plus I enjoy the occasional sci-fi, dystopian/post-apocalyptic, cozy mystery, and historic fiction in both YA and adult.

6. To you what is the most important thing about being a blogger?
For me, the most important thing is being honest. I always try to be as honest as possible in a review, whether I loved or hated the book. Same goes for when I write discussions - I take my own observations, my own opinions, and add in bits of myself, because I think it’s really important to show people that there’s an actual person behind the blog and not just some drone pumping out reviews. I also think creativity and originality are really important.

7. Apart from getting to read some fantastic books before they are released, what is the best thing about being a blogger?
The best thing is hands-down the amazing community of book bloggers. There are thousands of us living all over the world, and we all have at least one thing in common: our love of books. I’ve met some incredible people and even made a few really good friends who I talk to on a regular basis and hope to meet someday. With them, it’s gone beyond just books and we actually share our lives with each other, which is incredible. I don’t know what I’d do without this community.

8. If you could recommend one book or series which would it be and why?
The Harry Potter series. It will always be my favourite series because of its heart, the incredible writing and world building, dynamic characters, and just what it meant to me while reading it. Other than that, the two books I recommend most are Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - they’re such fantastic examples of contemporary YA at its finest.

9. How can we stalk follow you?
Twitter - Facebook - My personal blog - Book Blog - Author Blog

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me for your blogoversary, Michelle! Wishing you many more years of happy blogging. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...