Sunday, 7 July 2013

Bookish and Blogish news

I haven't done a Bookish and Bloggish post for a while now, and with having June all full up with blogoversary posts I suddenly find myself in the possession of a lot of emails about upcoming events or cover reveals.  Since I have already posted about events, todays post will consists mainly of cover reveals for those who have not seen them yet.



Heidi McLaughlin revealed the cover for the next instalment in the Beaumont Series, My Unexpected Forever
I expected a life of music.
I expected to raise my son.
It took one look to make everything change.
I never expected happiness.
I never expected to find her.
I never expected to feel desire.
I never expected I’d be a family man.
I never expected to be loved.
I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind




Harlequin Teen revealed the cover for Julie Kagawa's The Iron Fey Volume 1 on their facebook page
The Iron King
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. But she never could have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about and stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face….

The Iron Daughter
Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, Meghan is now prisoner to the Winter faery queen. And as war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows the real danger comes from the Iron fey—but no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone could be deadly….


Author J. L. Bryan has revealed the cover for his new book, Nomad, on his website.  I absolutely love the cover and I am really enjoying the story so far.
A new dystopian novel from the author of Jenny Pox - coming July 26.

They took everything: her family, her home, her childhood.

By the age of nineteen, Raven has spent most of her life in the sprawling slums of America, fighting as a rebel against the dictatorship. When the rebellion steals an experimental time-travel device, she travels back five decades to the year 2013. Her plan: assassinate the future dictator when he is still young and vulnerable, long before he comes to power. She must move fast to reshape history, because agents from her own time are on her trail, ready to execute her on sight.


Holly Schindler revealed the cover for her debut MG book, The Junction of Sunshine and Lucky.
August “Auggie” Jones lives with her Grandpa Gus, a trash hauler, in a poor part of town. So when her wealthy classmate’s father starts the House Beautification Committee, it’s homes like Auggie’s that are deemed “in violation.” Auggie is determined to prove that she is not as run-down as the outside of her house might suggest. Using the kind of items Gus usually hauls to the scrap heap, a broken toaster becomes a flower; church windows turn into a rainbow walkway; and an old car gets new life as spinning whirligigs. What starts out as a home renovation project becomes much more as Auggie and her grandpa discover a talent they never knew they had—and redefine a whole town’s perception of beauty, one recycled sculpture at a time. Auggie’s talent for creating found art will remind readers that one girl’s trash really is another girl’s treasure.


These are some great covers and I am looking forwards to reading them all.  Do you have any bookish or blogish news to share, leave a link in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of and cover for The Junction of Sunshine and Lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...