Sunday, 21 July 2013

Stacking the Shelves

How are we enjoying this heat wave at the moment, is anyone else as fed up with it as me? Although I prefer snow to rain, I will take any rain at the moment.


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received....

Through Violet Eyes by Stephen Woodworth from brother
The Storm Begins (History Keepers #1) by Damian Dibben purchased by myself
The Thing About Wolves by Leigh Evans from publisher for review [unsolicited]

Mortality by Kellie Sheridan free from amazon
See You At Harry's by Johannah Knowles from publisher for review
The Messengers by Edward Hogan from publisher for review

Cruel Summer by James Dawson from publisher for review [unsolicited]
The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch won from goodreads
The History Keepers: Circus Maximus by Damian Dibben won from goodreads

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas from publisher for review
Secret for a Song by S.K. Falls purchased by myself
Scissors, Sisters, and Manic Panics by Ellie Phillips from publisher for review



I won these from Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking last month, and she even got them signed by Jamie.  I actually received these last week, but I didn't have access to my PC to add them into last weeks post. Of course I finished Beautiful Disaster and half of Walking Disaster that same day, then finished them off the next.....I really do wonder how I don't read these books sooner.

I got Through Violet Eyes from my brother, who has similar tastes in books to me. He told me its a great book and I HAVE to read it. I purchased The Storm Begins as I won a copy of the second book on goodreads, thinking I had book 1 waiting to be read on my iPad. I didn't, so I ended up buying the first book to read ready for book two.  The Thing About Wolves was an unsolicited copy sent from the publisher, it is the second book in the series but after checking out the first book I am definitely interested in it, ill have to pick up a copy of book one very soon.

Mortality was free on Amazon, and as this has been on my to-read list I could not say no to it, although I have no idea when I will actually get to read it.  See You At Harry's has been a book I have had my eye on for a while, so I was happy to see it picked up by UK publishers and be offered a copy for review.  I really enjoyed Daylight Saving last year, and The Messengers sounds right up my street, I am looking forward to making a start on this one very soon.

I won The Oathbreaker's Shadow and The History Keepers: Circus Maximus from goodreads.  Huge thank you to the amazing people at Bloomsbury who sent me out a physical copy of Crown of Midnight after unearthing a box hidden away, and HUGE thank you to the publicist from Egmont for sending out Scissors, Sisters and Manic Panics to me

I originally requested Secret for a Song on netgalley but was rejected, so when I saw it on amazon for less then £3 for kindle I had to pick it up.

What did you receive this week?

7 comments:

  1. Nice haul. You got some freebies that I didn't see this week, but then RL got busy. Come visit me here:

    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when they reject you on Netgalley, and then you still buy the book, because you really want to read it, so stuff them! :) Fabulous haul, Michelle! I'm very jealous of you because you won The Oathbreaker's Shadow. This one has been on my wishlist for a long time. Happy reading, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out Secret for a Song and Mortality! Both sound amazing so I can't wait to get round to them - especially secret for a Song which sounds so deep!


    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic book haul - it seems we have very similar tastes!
    I'm just about to start Cruel Summer and I can't wait, hope you enjoy it when you get round to reading it.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul. Good for you getting those signed copies :)

    Happy reading!

    new follower on twitter & bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul!

    I'm still kind of iffy on Crown of Midnight so I'm curious what you think of it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab books Michelle! I also got Crown of Midnight a few weeks back but wasn't full taken with book 1, she's just not kick ass enough for me! I also have 4 others you've gotten but as usual, still on the shelf! Although reading is getting better as I'm recovering :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...