Saturday, 3 August 2013

Random House Children's Publishers Blogger Brunch

Last weekend I got the chance to go down to London to attend another Blogger Brunch at Random House. I was up ridiculously early, and I managed to beat Luna from Luna's Little Library in the 'Who woke up earliest' competition, that wasn't really a competition, I won with getting up at 4.30am.

When I arrived in London I met up with a few other bloggers at the tube station and we all made our way to RH together.  Upon arrival we got to eat some cakes, scones, and have some much needed coffee.  We also took part in the making of the trailer for Teardrop by Lauren Kate.  We all had to write on a piece of card what last made us cry.  We then had out photographs taken but we got to hide our faces behind the card itself.  I had to get mine taken outside, and had to wait for a bus to drive past before my photo was taken.  We then all had our photo taken together (see below).  I found this picture on Luna's blog, who got it from Random House blog.


We were then moved into a conference room and got to see some amazing books being released in the next few months.  Just follow the goodreads links to find out more about the books.

Far Far Away by Tom McNeal
Cross My Heart by Carmen Reid
Rolling Dice by Beth Reekles
Hurt by Tabitha Suzuma
Stay Where You Are and Then Leave by John Boyne
The Waking World by Tom Huddleston

The Eye of Minds by James Dashner
Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone
Teardrop by Lauren Kate
Blackberry Blue by Jamila Gavin
The Ransom of Dond by Siobhan Dowd

I am really looking forward to reading a few of these books and we also got goodie bags to bring away with us.

Rolling Dice|Cross My Heart|Teardrop|Sample of Hurt
some postcards and another tote bag to add to my collection as you can never have too many of these

A few other bloggers have also done posts about the day so don't forget to check them out...
Fabulous Book Fiend|Luna's Little Library|Notes of Life|Chrissi Reads

I also got to meet a few fellow bloggers, some I have met over twitter, and some I have met before at other events.
Sarah @ Feeling Fictional|Kirsty @ The Overflowing Library|Jesse @ Books 4 Teens
Faye @ A Daydreamers Thoughts|Caroline @ Big Book Little Book|Clover @ Fluttering Butterflies
Stacey @ Pretty Books|Kerrie @ Read and Repeat|Hayley @ Dark Readers

If you can fill in the blanks over who else went feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...