Friday, 23 August 2013

Review: Soul Storm by Kate Harrison


Title: Soul Storm
Author: Kate Harrison
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Soul #3
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 1st August 2013

Tell Me About It
Someone is stalking Alice Forster. She's sure it's her sister's murderer, but her parents think she's cracking under the stress of Meggie's death. Only in the virtual world of Soul Beach - an online paradise for the young, the beautiful and the dead - can Alice feel truly free. But there's trouble in paradise . . .

Clouds are gathering.

A storm is brewing.

The killer is about to strike.


The final gripping thriller in this paranormal romance trilogy.

My Thoughts
I did not see that one coming, at all, like I had no idea it would come down to them.
Okay, so my beginning sentence in this review doesn't make sense unless you have read the book and had different names in mind for the suspect, so I'll jump to my review and try to keep spoilers out of it.  Please note that Soul Storm is the third book in this series so may spoil it if you have not read the previous books.

Alice is still looking for her sisters killer, without closure Megan is doomed to be stuck on Soul Beach for eternity.  However it's not as easy as Alice thought it would be, and now she feels like she is being followed by someone.  After a bunch of flowers were sent to Alice with mysterious origins Alice finds herself with only two people who believe her, Lewis and Cara, and her parents determined to do what is right for Alice insist she goes to a psychologist, and completely ban her from the internet.

I don't want to say too much about what actually transpires in Soul Storm as I want each page to be as mysterious to you as it was to me.  Soul Storm is the final book in this series and it certainly packs a punch.  You are even more emotionally invested in the characters, you desperately want Alice to 'save' Megan and Danny.
I think I fell in love with Lewis and Cara even more in this book.  Cara has Alice's back, no matter what crazy thing Alice want's to do.  Cara is her back up plan, secret meeting organiser, and cheerleader for Lewis and Alice.  Lewis pulls out all the stops with his connections, and I love how no matter the cost, literally, he is there to try to help Alice make sense of Soul Beach and find closure.  I loved getting to see the friendship between Alice and Lewis strengthen, and after three books I can say 'it's about time'.  They balance each other out perfectly and I am glad they both finally came to their senses.

Soul Storm was a literal page turner, I could not stop reading, each chapter brought us more mystery, secrets, and made me want to read 'just one more chapter'.  When the killer was finally revealed it wasn't who I suspected and was shocked at the revelation.  Seeing this person and get a look into his mind and see what he thinks was creepy, and Kate has done an amazing job at portraying how deluded this person actually is.  Even after confession is discovered I didn't have an ounce of sympathy for them.
Kate has a way of creating a world that you can't help but fall into, and then keeps you guessing right up to the very end, and with three books to tell the story it can't have been any easy secret to keep hidden.  I thoroughly enjoyed this series and I am sad to see it come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...