Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Blog Tour: Out of Line by Jen McLaughlin


Title: Out of Line
Author: Jen McLaughlin
Genre: New Adult
Series: Out of Line #1
Source: InkSlinger PR
Publication Date: 6th September 2013

Tell Me About It
Desperate to break free…

I've spent my entire life under my father’s thumb, but now I'm finally free to make my own choices. When my roommate dragged me to my first college party, I met Finn Coram and my life turned inside out. He knows how to break the rules and is everything I never knew I wanted. A Marine by day and surfer by night, he pushes me away even as our attraction brings us closer. Now I am finally free to do whatever I want. I know what I want. I choose Finn.

Trying to play by the rules...

I always follow orders. My job, my life, depends on it. I thought this job would be easy, all the rules were made crystal clear, but when I met Carrie Wallington, everything got muddy. She's a rule I know I shouldn't break, but damn if I don’t inch closer to the breaking point each time I see her. I’m ready to step out of line. And even worse? I’m living a lie. They say the truth will set you free, but in my case…

The truth will cost me everything.

My Thoughts
I am sill quite new to the New Adult genre so I feel like I have been missing out on some great books. Thanks to InkSlinger PR not only do I get to hear about some amazing books due to be published, but I also got to read Out of Line, and the minute I began reading I was hooked

I love how a lot of stories have alternating chapters between the narrators, it ensures we get a full perspective on what is going on, but also get to see what the other is hiding, feeling and thinking.  Out of Line is no exception, and having Carrie and Finn narrate gives us the full story and we get to put a lot of the pieces together before the characters actually do.

The beginning of Out of Line gives hints of Carrie's background but doesn't reveal the full story, she has changed her appearance drastically to make sure she is not recognised, her Dad has money and bodyguards, making sure Carrie is protected at all times.  Finn also hides a lot himself, but soon we see what secrets he hides and why.

While I didn't like how he went about things I do like how the friendship and relationship he built with Carrie was real....if you ignore the huge gigantic lie.  Seeing this duo develop a friendship was exciting and thrilling, but at one point all the secrets they both tried to hide were bound to get out, and when they do fireworks erupt.  While Carrie isn't happy with the secret that Finn hides it is all not mentioned the secret Carrie was hiding herself. The focus is on Finn and his reason for being around, but not once is Carrie expected to answer for why she hid her real identity from him which I didn't think was fair on Finn at all.  If you are going to ignore someone for a lie, and one that was important, then at least have the balls to admit you were in the wrong too.

Carrie was someone I never expected to be, her dad has money and power, yet she uses it to help others out.  She has the money to do anything she wants to do, and she doesn't want it.  She just wants to be a normal teenager, and having money just gets in her way.  I love how she uses it for good to help others out, helping out the homeless and starving people, volunteering at a shelter, even giving away her clothes.  Seeing her caring side even though I know her background was something I didn't expect and it's a refreshing change to see this on a book.

Jen McLaughlin has written a compelling story that is easy to fall into and I quickly found myself being drawn into Carrie and Finn's world, wanting to know what happens next and becoming emotionally invested in their outcome.  I really need to read the next instalment soon to find out what is going to happen now.


Author Information
Jen McLaughlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She writes steamy New Adult books for the young and young at heart. Her first release, Out of Line, came out September 2013. She also writes bestselling Contemporary Romance under the pen name Diane Alberts.Since receiving her first contract offer under the pen name Diane Alberts, she has yet to stop writing. She is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency.
Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal clear water. She lives in Northeast Pennsylvania with her four kids, a husband, a schnauzer mutt, a cat, and a Senegal parrot. In the rare moments when she’s not writing, she can usually be found hunched over one knitting project or another. Her goal is to write so many well-crafted romance books that even a non-romance reader will know her name.
Find Jen: Website - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter - Goodreads
Buy Out of Line: Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Follow the tour. Find out more information about where Out of Line is stopping next by following this link to the tour page.

Even though the book was just released, it is already zooming up the charts on Amazon and B&N. To celebrate this, Jen is offering a one-of-a-kind prize for a lucky reader! Anyone who helps spread the word about OUT OF LINE (through tweets, facebook messages, leaving a review, etc.) gets entered to win 30 pages of the manuscript, which include editing marks and special never-before-seen notes from Jen! You will have all the deets on what Jen changed, deleted scenes, and special extras.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...