Saturday, 28 September 2013

Honourable Mentions

Every blogger gets a lot of books, some they will read, and some they wont.  Occasionally they didn't live up to the hype, or they were not what you expected them to be.  The plot may be too slow or feel rushed, the characters my feel unbelievable, unlikeable or too childish.  Even down to the synopsis drawing you in only you find that the book isn't all that great.
Honourable Mentions is a way for me to give a shout out to the books I did not finish for the same reasons as above, while these books did not work for me, some of them may work for others so to make sure they still get some mention on my blog they will be listed below.

All of the books below were given a fair chance for a review, some of them I got halfway through before giving up, some I gave 100 pages or at least 5 chapters depending on the size of the book.  I put down these books very unwillingly as I really wanted to like them.  In doing this post I am not trying to offend authors.  As individuals no one is expected to like the exact same book as another person and I know a lot of these books got raving reviews on goodreads, so please don't take my word as a be all end all, they just didn't work for me, but worked for a lot of other readers.

If you have read books in my Honourable Mentions then please leave a link to your reviews so I can add them onto this post for others to get another perspective on them.

Charming by Elliott James
The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace
The Returned by Jason Mott

Doll Bones by Holly Black
The Never List by Koethi Zan
Fault Line by Christa Desir

The Messengers by Edward Hogan
Vivian Versus the Apocalypse by Katie Coyle

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Truth About You & Me, although it was kind of average. I haven't reviewed it though, which I should have done. It was nice to read in an afternoon but I wouldn't call it a serious book.
    I haven't read any of the others but am hoping to so am sorry to see that they weren't for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad when you are really looking forward to a book and it's not what you think. Just looked them up on goodreads and along with yourself their are a few other reviewers who I trust so a few books to miss here I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Vivian, though I can see why you might not have liked it. Sorry these didn't work for you! Hopefully you've had some good books recently too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...