Friday, 6 September 2013

Review: Wait For You by J. Lynn


Title: Wait For You
Author: J. Lynn
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: New Adult
Series: Wait For You #1
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 15th August 2013

Tell Me About It
Some things are worth waiting for …

Some things are worth experiencing

And some things are worth fighting for …

Avery knows she should stay away from Cam Hamilton: he might be the hottest guy on campus but she really doesn’t need that sort of drama right now. Love is best left in the past – along with her troubles. But sometimes, the last thing you want, is just the thing you need …
My Thoughts
When I first heard about Wait For You I knew I wanted to read it, and while it's taken a while to get the book due to stock issues and post taking forever, the minute it arrived I dove straight in. I have not read anything by the author before under any name, so I did not know what to expect.
First of all, let me just say that Cameron is H.O.T I mean what male bakes cookies, offers them to a stranger, and even comes to your apartment to make breakfast every Sunday....I don't know anyone who does that, he is like the perfect fictional boyfriend....Anyway, back to the real review.

Avery is the protagonist, and from the moment we meet her we know she is hiding something and has moved to a college way out of state to avoid whatever happened back home.  Starting her new school she quickly makes friends in the form of Brittany and Jacob, who I instantly love. This trio are completely opposite in personalities but they mix so well together and I could immediately see a great friendship forming between them all.
Avery meets Cameron while running late attending her first class, and literally bumps into him. Embarrassed and not wanting to arrive late she quickly leaves and makes her way towards her second class.  After another near miss with Cameron, they soon discover that they live in the same apartment building opposite each other. While Avery lives alone, Cameron lives with his friend and roomie Ollie, and a pet turtle Raphael. The first meting we get of Ollie he is taking Raphael for a 'walk' leaving him in the hallway before Cameron quickly gets him back. While Ollie doesn't appear much in the book, the parts he is there are some memorable and funny times and he manages to stand out in this book just for that alone.
Ollie appeared, a cell phone in one hand and Raphael wriggling in the other. 'Smile!' He shouted as he snapped a picture on his phone. 'Its like my own kids are going to prom.'
Reading Wait For You I was quickly drawn into the world J. Lynn has created, the world was believable, and the characters instantly drew me in and I quickly found myself emotionally invested in their outcomes.   The sexual tension between Cameron and Avery was so thick you could cut it with a knife, the roller coaster ride of emotions that they go through takes you along with it, and I found myself looking forward to seeing what this duo would do next, feeling excited, nervous, and ridiculously satisfied when they finally got their act together and admitted how they felt.
As the story progresses we get to see what Avery is really hiding from, and my heart broke for her. Having to go through all of that, have no support from friends or family, and still be suffering the consequences years after the fact.   How she picked herself up and arrived on with her life, school, friends, relationships is beyond me, she is a strong person and Cameron is the perfect match for her, being there to support her and reassure her.

After finishing Wait For You I am left with a few thoughts....why did I wait so long to read a book by this author, OMG I loved this book, I need the next one right now.

2 comments:

  1. Fab review Michelle, I lives this one too & adored Cam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this story. I had re-read it multiple times already. Avery and Cam have amazing chemistry. His patience with her along the way is so sweet.
    Baby Gift Basket site info

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...