Sunday, 1 September 2013

The Reading Queue: September


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.  The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.
Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on last months Reading Queue and see how I did...

2 Busy 4 Love by Lucy Hepburn [review]
Smash Into You by Shelly Crane [review]
  Undertow by Leigh Talbert Moore [review]
The Name on Your Wrist by Helen Hiorns [review]
Soul Storm by Kate Harrison [review]
Consume by Melissa Darnell [review]
Arclight by Josin L. McQuein [review]

The following books are either review books, or my own books to read for fun that didn't make the list for my last Reading Queue...
Deeper by Blue Ashcroft [review]
Out of Play by Jolene Perry & Nyrae Dawn [review]
  Perfectly Unmatched by Liz Reinhardt (*****)
Keeping Her by Cora Carmack (****)
  Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas [review]
Lost & Found by Nicole Williams (*****)

Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike [review]
The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud [review]
Ties by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt [review]
Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu [review to come]
The Unsettled Dust audiobook by Robert Aickman [review]
Out of Line by Jen McLaughlin [review to come]

Near and Far by Nicole Williams (*****)
Making It (The Rock 'n' Roll Diaries) audiobook by Jamie Scallion [review]
Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick [review]
A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers [review to come]
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (*****)
The Woken Gods by Gwenda Bond [review]
The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost [review]

The following books were a DNF for me.
Gated by Amy Christine Parker
The Returned by Jason Mott
The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace

Its been a slow month reading wise for me, I didn't manage to read two of my books from last months Reading Queue, and I only read 5 of my own books which is an improvement as I've focused more on review books. I also managed to make an early start on my September review books, reading one from netgalley and starting a physical one yesterday.

My October Reading Queue

The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston
100 Days of April-May by Edyth Bulbring
The Rig by Joe Ducie
Portal 24 by Meredith Stroud
The Messengers by Edward Hogan
Vivian Versus the Apocalypse by Katie Coyle
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake


Parasite by Mira Grant
Fault Line by Christa Desir
Charming by Elliott James
Steel Lily by Megan Curd


Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews
Fury's Kiss by Karen Chance
Ascend by Amanda Hocking
Blindsided by Patricia Cummings
Vortex by S.J. Kincaid
The Look by Sophia Bennett
Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz
Underworld by Meg Cabot

The first two pictures for my September Reading Queue are my review books for this month, and a few e-books for October reviews, while I'm ahead on them I'm going to try to keep reading so I have more time later in the year to tackle my own TBR e-books.
The last picture is my own TBR books, I don't have many review books for this month so I am hoping to blast through them next week while I'm still off work and make a start on my own books till near the end of the month when I will tackle my October review books.  All this sounds good on paper but putting it into action is a whole different matter ;).
I've also left this to the last minute which is why its all photos, but this way is so much easier for me I may consider this format for future posts instead of each book and synopsis, what do you think?

Don't be afraid to leave a comment and a link to you Reading Queue.

3 comments:

  1. I really love the photos of the actual books you are going to read! I vote for keeping it :) I'm always impressed with how many books you can read and review in one month. Oh I missed your review for Earthbound!! I've been wanting to read it and I haven't heard much about it. It makes me so happy that you liked it and that it had lots of action. I'm excited to read it now! I see Vortex in your stack. I loved Insignia but I haven't read Vortex yet. Steel Lily looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photos too! So, it's pretty much the end of September...how'd you do?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In regards to review books I did nearly all, my own TBR pile, none of them :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...