Thursday, 17 October 2013

Blog Tour: Riptides by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt


Title: Riptides
Author: Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt
Steph's Author Info: Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Liz's Author Info: Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: New Adult
Series: Lengths #4.5
Source: InkSlinger PR
Publication Date: 15th October 2013
Find online: Amazon US|Goodreads

Tell Me About It
Enzo Rodriguez doesn't take much seriously--unless it involves waves, boards, or good beer.

When too-hot-to-handle Jessica Mills strolls into his life, Enzo is willing to forego all of those things for every second he can spend with her.

But Jessica has a huge secret--and when it’s revealed, it not only crushes Enzo, but has the last person he wants to ask a favor of--his brother-in-law Adam--bailing him out of jail.

Enzo is convinced that the only way to mend his bruised ego and heart, is to pack his bags and leave the turbulent waters of Silver Strand...for good.


I had no idea if I had been accepted onto the tour for Riptides or not, so when I received the email with my tour date and my review copy of the book I may have gotten a bit over excited....like happy dance sitting on the couch excited. I love how easy it is to fall into this series, every time I pick up a book it's like returning to old friends rather than starting all over again. Every time I read a book in this series I fall in love with the male lead, deeming that person the best book boyfriend, until I read the next book and change my mind again.

Riptides is a novella in the Lengths series, and is a fantastic filler while I impatiently wait for the next book. Although Riptides is Enzo's story, we also get to see the rest of the gang, even Hattie and Ryan.
Jessica is Enzo's love interest, and throughout the book she is hiding something from Enzo. He has his life mapped out for himself and Jess, yet she is unwilling to allow him into hers, and when her secret is revealed I was shocked, but also hurt and upset for Enzo. I'm not a violent person (if we don't include sibling fights) but I seriously wanted to slap that b%#@h for what she did with Enzo. Things may not have been perfect for her and may have been complicated, but she had no right to stomp over Enzo's heart like she did.

One thing that is consistent with these books is the bromanship between the characters, and I love how it still carries over into Riptides, and while there are still a few kinks to work out between Ryan and Deo, they are genuinely a great bunch. Riptides had me laughing at a lot of things, especially when the girls flipped on the boys for the push up competition, and also for the pranks they played on each other. The characters make it easy to fall in love with them all and having them feel like friends rather than characters makes me that much more emotionally attached to them all.

However I do have an issue with Riptides, it ended far too soon. I was happily reading the book, keeping any eye on how much I had left to read. When I suddenly found myself at the end of the book with more pages left to go. Yes these pages are for a spin off series for Lengths which I will definitely read, but I was gutted that the book ended far too soon. I thought there would be more left to read.



Regardless of the too soon ending, Liz and Steph have once again worked their magic to make this novella just as engrossing as the rest of the books in this series. I am looking forward to reading more about Enzo's adventures, but also more from the Lengths series itself. Each book just gets better and better and this is a series I really don't want to end.


About Steph
Steph Campbell grew up in Southern California, but now calls Southwest Louisiana home. She has one husband, four children and a serious nail polish obsession.

Steph's works include Delicate, Grounding Quinn and Beautiful Things Never Last; My Heart for Yours and My Fate for Yours (with Jolene Perry); A Toast to the Good Times (with Liz Reinhardt) and the bestselling new adult LENGTHS series with Liz Reinhardt: Lengths, Depths, Limits, Ties & Riptides.


About Liz
Liz Reinhardt was born and raised in the idyllic beauty of northwest NJ. A move to the subtropics of coastal Georgia with her daughter and husband left her with a newly realized taste for the beach and a bloated sunscreen budget. Right alongside these new loves is her old, steadfast affection and longing for bagels and the fast-talking foul mouths of her youth.

She loves Raisinettes, even if they aren't really candy, the Oxford comma, movies that are hilarious or feature zombies, any and all books, but especially romance (the smarter and hotter, the better), the sound of her daughter's incessantly wise and entertaining chatter, and watching her husband work on cars in the driveway.

She is the author of the Brenna Blixen series (Double Clutch, Junk Miles, Slow Twitch), the Youngblood series (Fall Guy, Perfectly Unmatched), and co-writes with the awesome Steph Campbell in the Lengths series (Lengths, Depths, Limits, Ties, Riptides).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...