Saturday, 19 October 2013

Review: The Cat in the Window


Title: The Cat in the Window
Author: Various Authors
Source: Netgalley
Publication Date: 15th October 2013

Tell Me About It
People love their pets--cats more so than any other (or so the "cats" would like to think). And if there is anything cat-lovers enjoy almost as much as stroking their beloved feline friends, it's reading about cats. In the tradition and style of her previous smash hits, Callie Smith Grant brings readers a brand-new collection of uplifting stories about the amazing creatures that warm our hearts--and our laps! With stories from Melody Carlson, Jill Eileen Smith, Robert Benson, Kathi Lipp, and many others, "The Cat in the Window "offers the perfect excuse to curl up on the couch with a furry friend.



[Credit for image The Keep Calm-O-Matic]
My Thoughts
When I saw The Cat in the Window on netgalley I knew I had to request it, having a cat of my own drew me to this book. The Cat in the Window is a collection of short stories about cats and what they get up to.

Callie Smith Grant's story is about Percy, a cat gets re-homed, and although in description he is nothing like my cat, his personality reminds me so much of my own. They both hide when people visit unless they know the visitor and are very wary of strangers. The story itself is sad, but is does come with a happy ending for Percy and his new owner slave.

Other stories in The Cat in the Window are about a cat finding a home miles from a gas station, another making the rounds in the neighbourhood stopping at various houses along its route (which sounds like my old cat), even some on how a person has saved a cat from being a stray, or adopted a cat from a family member who was moving away.

The Cat in the Window was a quick read for me, but I enjoyed every story. Reading about how people saved rescue cats, or stray cats, or even how much they loved their own cat made The Cat in the Window a heart-warming and emotional read and while I read through it quickly, some of the stories still stick with me now, days after reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...