Saturday, 19 October 2013

Review: Jet by Jay Crownover


Title: Jet
Author: Jay Crownover
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: New Adult
Series: Marked Men #2
Source: Netgalley
Publication Date: 13th June 2013

Tell Me About It
The second book in the Marked Men series from Jay Crownover - a sizzling story of love, lust and longing
With his tight leather jeans and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes, but even his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows first hand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love… or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?
My Thoughts
When I received an email off the publisher with widgets to a few netgalley titles, I clicked on Jet before actually reading that it was the second book in the series.  So before reading Jet I had to purchased and read Rule. One-click and a few hours later Rule was finished, and I knew I had to start Jet immediately.Jet is Ayden and Jets story, while we do see them in Rule the focus is more on this duo within these pages. I loved getting to see Ayden's personality and spunky attitude come out more, and Jet is the perfect balance for her. While this duo initially didn't start at a good point in Rule, we get to see how this one decision affects them both in Jet. They are friends but there is the constant undercurrent of unrequited lust. When they finally agree to give it a shot I did not expect it to be so hot and alive and very very sexy.

I enjoyed Jet so much more than Rule, although this could be down to the editing and formatting for the copy of Rule I had, I do think Jet had that something extra to keep me that much more engrossed. I devoured this book, like one read sitting with coffee and a few hours devoured. The characters have a way of drawing you into their story and making you feel like you are there.
Jet, what can I say about him.....seriously smokin hot, and the tension between him and Ayden was literally spine tingling.
"What I do know is I want you more than I want to keep breathing"
[Jet to Ayden]
Ayden is feisty, spunky, and knows what she wants both in and out of bed, but her past comes back to haunt her in a deadly way, and while I have some admiration for her trying to tough it out herself, I was ridiculously happy when she finally let her friends in and told them what was going on.

I really enjoyed catching up with old faces from Rule and seeing how the friendships have formed such a strong bond between them all. They are one big family that always has each others backs, and given the appearance of a few of the male members of the group I would lvoe to have one of them have my back in times of need.

I don't want to say much else about the story as there are a few surprises that I didn't expect, and some revelations too. Jet was an unputdownable read that I thoroughly enjoyed, and I really need to read Rome's story now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...