Friday, 18 October 2013

Review: The Only Exception by Magan Vernon


Title: The Only Exception
Author: Magan Vernon
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: New Adult
Source: InkSlinger PR
Publication Date: April 2013

Tell Me About It
Fiercely liberal Monica Remy prefers to blend in. Despite her tattoos, piercings, and outspoken personality, she transferred to Central to escape—before she finds out that her next door neighbor is the uber conservative senator’s son, Trey Chapman.

No matter how hard she tries to avoid Trey, he still finds a way to get under her skin. Monica can’t stand his crisp white shirts or his staunch views on women. But she can’t help counting every freckle on his face and wondering what it would feel like to have him stop talking politics and kiss her.

A class debate project forces the unlikely pair to work together, and the political lines are blurred in late-night make out sessions. But despite their fiery chemistry, Trey’s politics threatens to smother their relationship for good.


***This book is New Adult contemporary and recommended for 16 plus audience due to sexual situations***
My Thoughts
I had not heard of Magan Vernon until I got an email from InkSlinger Pr with upcoming blog tours, and while I didn't manage to make the tour I still managed to snag myself a copy of The Only Exception for review.
Monica Remy has left old college to attend Central College, she is running from something or someone and it's not initially made clear what exactly happened. Her new start at college isn't exactly the start she wanted, especially finding herself neighbours to Trey, the senators son. He is annoying and always there when Monica doesn't want him there.

The Only Exception is the first book I have read by Magan, so I went into it not knowing what to expect and let me tell you now I was not disappointed at all. The Only Exception was an enjoyable read, and one that I quickly read.

I loved the characters, not only were they likeable but also believable and I quickly found myself becoming emotionally invested in them. Monica is hiding something, and throughout the book you get flashbacks to what happened, and it's pretty easy to connect the dots and find the answer. Moving away is a fresh start for her and I admire how strong she is to do this, however it's not as easy as she thought it would be but she eventually takes steps in helping herself.

Trey was someone who took a while for me to like, I wasn't sure if he behaved the way he did due to his father being a senator, or if he was the genuine deal. As we get to know him we can see clearly he is his own man, and he does things because he wants to and not because his father wants him to. He is very persistent and personally it would have got on my nerves after a while, but when I got to see who he was I forgave him for being a pest

I loved when this duo got together, heated discussions were a guarantee and they never failed to make me laugh at the reactions to each others opinion, as they got closer these discussions quickly became a heated romance. The sparks flew and tension rose, but I could not get enough of this duo.

I enjoyed every singe page of The Only Exception and I am glad I have the companion novel, The Only One, waiting to be read, I doubt I would have been able to stand the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...