Sunday, 20 October 2013

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received



The Cat in the Window by Callie Smith Grant from netgalley for review (read)
Unbreakable by Kami Garcia purchased by myself
Jet by Jay Crownover from netgalley for review (read)
Trust in Me by J.Lynn from netgalley for review (read)

Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover (read)
Rule by Jay Crownover purchased by myself (read)
Ironskin by Tina Connolly from publisher for review
Tempt the Stars by Karen Chance purchased by myself

Imposter by Susanne Winnacker from publisher for review
The Falconer by Elizabeth May from publisher for review
Rags & Bones by Various Authors from publisher for review (unsolicited)
Awaken by Meg Cabot from publisher for review

So this week has been a bumper edition for me, I literally had no book then all of a sudden I had most of these arrive on Thursday. The Cat in the Window was something I wanted to read having a cat myself. After our Book Wars post featuring Unbreakable I had to pick up this book for myself. Jet and Trust In Me were both from a netgalley widget, I read them over the space of one day, devouring every page. Finding Cinderella was free, having already read Hopeless and Losing Hope I knew I had to read this one too. I read it and loved it. I ended up purchasing Rule as I didn't realise Jet was the second book in the series, this was also read along with Jet. Ironskin was received as part of the blog tour in November, I have already made a start on this but only a page or two so far.
Tempt the Stars was a must buy for me, and was a pre-order that I forgot about but cant wait to read. The Falconer was a request from a while ago, as was Awaken, so I am hoping to be able to squeeze these two into this months review list. Rags & Bones was unsolicited but I actually had it on my wish list, so I can't wait to start this one. Imposter has been on my radar for a while so I was super excited to be able to get a copy for review.

This post was scheduled on Friday, so there may be a few additions that wont be here that I received through the post as I was in London yesterday attending a Blogger Brunch, which of course means more books from that too.

What exciting things did you receive this week?

4 comments:

  1. Imposter looks amazing! I've been dithering about getting Unbreakable so can't wait to see what you think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cat in the Window sounds cute, maybe a good Christmas gift idea. Hmm.. and I think Imposter sounds fun too, not familiar with that one before. I like the premise of The Falconer too, been waiting for that one for a while nice to see people starting to get it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant week! I really want to read Rags & Bones! Hope you enjoy all your new books Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, that cover for Ironskin is new eh? I just got Copperhead (after my StS went live, D:), so I had to request Ironskin from the library, haha!

    Spoils and Tribute (my StS)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...