Friday, 22 November 2013

Maybe Someday I'm In Trouble


I have some exciting news to share with you today. I am a huge fan of Colleen Hoover and have read all of her books. A recent post on her blog put the call out to bloggers to help share the news of her newest book, Maybe Someday, and also about Griffin Peterson.

Those of you who have read Colleen's books know that Griffin is the cover model for Losing Hope, well Griffin is very talented himself. Together Colleen and Griffin have worked together to make Maybe Someday a more interactive book for all readers. Below is the information directly from Colleen's blog.

The synopsis for Maybe Someday is rather vague, as is the synopsis for all my books. I’ll tell you a little more about it without spoiling anything, other than the one thing I want to spoil.
The main characters are Sydney and Ridge. They come to an agreement to write lyrics/music together for Ridge’s band early on in the book. Sydney and Ridge begin to develop feelings for one another and sometimes they secretly portray these feelings through the lyrics they write together. (And you guys know I like surprises, so I’m not giving you anything more than that.)

I got the idea for Maybe Someday early this year and thought it would be great to create a book about characters who wrote lyrics, but I actually wanted the reader to experience the music the characters created. I wanted the reader to be able to see the song being created, then actually click a link in their ebook (or scan a QR code in the paperback) and be able to hear the song as they experience it during the scene. I wasn’t sure if I could pull it off. It entailed a lot and is STILL entailing a lot and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of musician Griffin Peterson.

He has literally made my vision come to life with his exceptional talent, and I couldn’t be more grateful. Griffin has patiently worked with me to write lyrics based on the scenes in the book and create original songs so that you can experience the music through the Maybe Someday soundtrack. The lyrics tie in with the characters lives/feelings/relationships and it’s freaking beautiful. I am literally in love with this project and have wanted to scream about it since its conception.

While we have to wait till 18th March for Maybe Someday and the soundtrack, a single off the album is available to download NOW. You can download it from iTunes and Amazon and you can see an acoustic performance of the first song below



To find out more information about this exciting news then make sure to check out Colleen's post here.
Colleen can also be found here: twitter - facebook - blog
Griffin can be found here: twitter - facebook - website

1 comment:

  1. This is such a unique idea. I love it when authors and publishers start taking advantage of digital mediums to make a new reading experience. And I love this song. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...