Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry


Title: Crash Into You
Author: Katie McGarry
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Pushing the Limits #3
Source: Netgalley
Publication Date: 26th November 2013

Tell Me About It
The girl with straight A's, designer clothes, and the perfect life - that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list.

One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker - a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks - no matter how angelic she might look. But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.
My Thoughts
I have really enjoyed this series from the very first book, so when I saw Crash Into You on netgalley there was no hesitation, I requested it straight away and luckily I am pre approved for the publisher so I did not have the long torturous wait of finding out if I had been accepted or declined.
When I began reading Crash Into You one thing that immediatley drew my attention were the chapter heading for Isaiah, I love the font they were written in and I think they fit Isaiah perfectly.

I absolutely love Isaiah and Rachel, and I think these are my favourite characters out of the series so far. We still get to see Noah, Echo, and Beth, as well as a new face Abby, who changes over the course of the book to someone who I actually respected, and seeing this small family together in the pages just feels like coming home.

Crash Into You made me nervous, but in a good way, I was mentally counting down the time left for Isaiah and Rachel to come up with such a huge amount of money, and with obstacles in their way and people out to get them there was never a sure answer of yes they will do it. I had doubts over it all, doubts over whether they would get the money together, doubts over the plans they made, and even doubts over their relationship.  It literally all comes down to the last minute decision and I was literally on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next.
What happens in the final chapters was not something I expected and I was completely gob smacked over what happened, and while the end result is good, to me it ends in an almost happy ever after, but I thought it was perfect for the book.

I loved getting to see a different side of Isaiah than the one we know, and seeing him grow emotionally through the book was like seeing a whole new character come into the story. Both Isaiah and Rachel have their own demons to battle and overcome, and seeing them struggle with them was heartbreaking but also empowering. They both had tough decisions to make for themselves, but that also had repercussions on their family and friends.

Crash Into You was just as amazing as the previous books in this series, and I can't wait to read the next instalment when it's published next year.

2 comments:

  1. Love the review and I know exactly what you are talking about when you talk about getting gob smacked - I was like OMG no, NO, NOO! - then it was like whew, I can breathe again. I absolutely adore Isaiah and I just loved his story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading (and reviewing) Crash Into You as well! I agree with everything you said! Personally I think it is my favourite from all other books in this series. I just love Isaiah, he has so much depth <3
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...