Thursday, 7 November 2013

Review: Haze by Paula Weston


Title: Haze
Author: Paula Weston
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Paranormal
Series: The Rephaim #2
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: 3rd October2013

Tell Me About It
Gaby Winters’ nightmares have stopped but she still can’t remember her old life. Still can’t quite believe she is one of the Rephaim—the wingless half-angels who can shift from place to place, country to country, in the blink of an eye. That she was once the Rephaim’s best fighter. That demons exist. That Rafa has stayed.
But most of all, she can’t quite believe that her twin brother, Jude, might be alive.
And Gaby can’t explain the hesitancy that sidetracks the search for him, infuriates Rafa, and sends them, again, into the darkest danger.
My Thoughts
The minute I finished reading Shadows I wanted to read Haze, but I had torturous wait of having to wait for a year for Haze to be published. The minute I was able to make a start on Haze I dove straight in.
I love how easy it is to fall back into the world Paula has created, and I enjoyed getting to see Gaby, Rafe, Maggie and Jason again. When I began reading Haze I had forgotten about how action packed it is, and how much can happen in the space of a few hours, travelling all over the world by shifting, fighting....a lot, it is literally only a week since Gabby found out about being a Rephaim yet so much has transpired, yet it doesn't feel rushed at all. Everything that has happened is relevant to the plot and what is going on, finding Jude, avoiding the other Rephaim, keeping Maggie safe, but it only adds to the tension and nervous energy.

Haze was an unputdownable read and I enjoyed every single page of it. Seeing the old gang together again and making compromises to work together, and be around each other without the threat of violence was interesting to see. Yes there was tension, and antagonisation between a few of the characters, but they did manage not to kill each other, and also offered some great one liners.

I don't want to say too much about what happens in Haze, there was some surprising events that I didn't expect and events that I have been looking forward to. Things were revealed that added to the mystery, and we get to see a few old faces from Shadows that force Gaby to make tough decisions.

Like I said before, I loved every single page of Haze and I really need to have the next book in my hands now. Paula has once again managed to draw me into the world she has created and leave me wanting more.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that you liked this one - it sucks when you finish a book and the sequel doesn't come out for a year, though! O.O Glad that you could jump right back into it after a year! Awesome review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! You just made me a million times more excited to read the sequel to Shadows. Unfortunately for me, the next book doesn't release until next year in the US :( Great review :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...