Sunday, 15 December 2013

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

The past few weeks I received

Out of Time by Jen McLaughlin for review
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard free on amazon
Ties by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt purchased by myself
Anything To Have You by Paige Harbison from publisher via netgalley widget

Be With Me by J. Lynn from Edelweiss for review
MetaWars: The Final Frontier by Jeff Norton from publisher for review
The Queen of Dreams by Peter Hamilton from publisher for review [unsolicited]
Burn by Julianna Baggott from publisher for review

Angel by L.A. Weatherly free on iBookstore
Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder from publisher for review
Masquerade by Nyrae Dawn from netgalley for review [already read]
A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire purchased by myself [already read]

Unhinged by A.G. Howard from publisher for review
The Olive Fairy Book by Andrew Lang for review
The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick for review from publisher [unsolicited]
Horizon by Alyson Noel purchased by myself



    
[Signed cover image of Crown of Midnight by S.J. Maas]
[Drummer Girl necklace & MetaWars t-shirt from Jeff Norton]


[I got hand made book plates and signed bookmarks from Natalie Whipple for buying Transparent]
[Signed Geek Girl novella from a bookish friend]


I got Out of Time as part of a blog tour, but due to family circumstances I was unable to participate in the tour but still got to review this great book. Be With Me was a request from a while ago, and I tend not to check Edelweiss all that often so I was surprised to find I had been accepted to receive a copy for review. The Lying Game and Angel were both free on amazon so I could not resist picking these up. I already own and have read Tie, but I needed to have the paperback version for my bookshelves.

Anything To Have You and Burn were both sent via netgalley widgets, I ended up getting accepted for the USA version of Anything To Have You after I got the UK version, although I did think they were both the same till I go onto netgalley. Burn was a surprise in an email and one I was very excited to receive.

The Queen of Dreams and The Good Luck of Right Now were both unsolicited but sound like good reads. I am taking part in the blog tour for MetaWars: The Final Frontier so I need to get a move on and read this one soon. A Beautiful Wedding was a pre-order that I read the minute it downloaded onto my iPad.

Unhinged and Taste of Darkness are two books I have been eagerly anticipating and I am looking forward to reading these in the next few weeks. I requested Masquerade on netgalley but didn't expect to be accepted so I was very excited to see I had been, and didn't wait long to make a start on it. I got The Olive Fairy Book as it sounded interesting, but I didn't know it was part of the fairy books so I am hoping it can be read as a stand alone.

I finally got my signed cover art for Crown of Midnight after pre-ordering the book. I got a fab t-shirt and Drummer Girl necklace from Jeff Norton, and some signed swag from Natalie Whipple for buying Transparent since I already own Blindsided and only had Transparent as eBook for review. My amazing bookish friend went to the Clothes Show and managed to grab me a signed Geek Girl novella which cheered me up so much.

4 comments:

  1. Ah I wish I'd caught The Lying Game while it was free, I want to start that series! I'm taking part in the Metawars blog tour too, very jealous of your tshirt though! And the GG novella looks adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got The Lying Game as I saw it on another persons blog :). YAY for MetaWars blog tour, I really need to get reading book 2 and 3.

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Oh my. So many good books. I see lots of different types of books. I need to read Scent of Magic first. Great haul. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is quite the haul. I hope you enjoy all the books. I wish I had known about The Lying Game have no clue how that one slipped by me, lol. Have a good week!

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...