Thursday, 16 January 2014

Audiobook Review: One by Leigh Ann Kopans


Title: One
Author: Leigh Ann Kopans
Narrator: Jessica Duncan
Running Time: 9 hours 19 minutes
Source: Author
Publication Date: 13th January 2014
Purchase Link: Audible.com

Tell Me About It
When having two powers makes you a Super and having none makes you a Normal, having only one makes you a sad half-superpowered freak.

It makes you a One.

Sixteen-year-old Merrin Grey would love to be able to fly – too bad all she can do is hover.

If she could just land an internship at the Biotech Hub, she might finally figure out how to fix herself. She busts her butt in AP Chem and salivates over the Hub’s research on the manifestation of superpowers, all in hopes of boosting her chances.

Then she meets Elias VanDyne, another One, and all her carefully crafted plans fly out the window. Literally. When the two of them touch, their Ones combine to make them fly, and when they’re not soaring over the Nebraska cornfields, they’re busy falling for each other.

Merrin's mad chemistry skills land her a spot on the Hub's internship short list, but as she gets closer to the life she always wanted, she discovers that the Hub’s purpose is more sinister than it has always seemed. Now it’s up to her to decide if it's more important to fly solo, or to save everything - and everyone - she loves.
My Thoughts
After already reading and loving One, it was an easy 'yes' when I got the chance to review the audiobook for One. After some technical difficulties getting the audiobook onto my iPod, I jumped straight into listening as soon as I could, and I was not left disappointed. Getting the chance to listen to this book was just as good as reading it, and even though I already knew the outcome of this book it was like 'reading' it for the first time, I found myself laughing, crying, and completely shocked all over again.

One is based in Nebraska and I really wish I could remember what a Nebraskan accent sounds like. The narrator of One has an accent that just draws you in but also keeps you wanting to listen. It fitted perfectly with the book and was distinct from other books I've listened to.

I didn't think I would enjoy listening to One a much as I did, but I quickly got pulled back into the world Leigh Ann has created and I did not want to come back out. Each time my iPod turned itself off I found myself putting it back on again for 'just another 30 minutes'. When the final chapter of One finished I was disappointed to see it end, and I really wish there had been an audiobook for Two so I could jump straight into listening to that.

Once again Leigh Ann had wowed me with her work, and I really, really, really, want an audiobook for Two to be released soon. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I really need to listen to more audio books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...