Monday, 27 January 2014

Review: Alliance by Mark Frost


Title: Alliance
Author: Mark Frost
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Paladin Prophecy #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Corgi Children's
Publication Date: 26th December 2013

Tell Me About It
Readers of I Am Number Four, The Maze Runner, and Legend will love this sophisticated adventure series by the cocreator of the groundbreaking television show Twin Peaks, with its unique combination of mystery, heart-pounding action, and the supernatural.

After exposing the sinister underground society of students known as the Knights of Charlemagne, Will West stays at the Center over the summer to explore his newly developing physical and mental abilities. Meanwhile, his roommates investigate the Knights' shadowy purpose and discover unsettling information about their own backgrounds. Will and his friends must quickly figure out what's going on and separate friend from foe as they prepare for the coming fight.
My Thoughts
I first read this series last year after falling in love with the cover and the synopsis. When I saw that Alliance by Mark Frost was available for review I jumped at the chance to request a copy. I have been desperate to find out what happens next for this small group of friends.
Alliance picks up the pace fast, and we soon see this group drawn into another adventure. Each person has been practising their abilities and seeing what Will is now able to do is amazing. I really enjoyed seeing how the characters have evolved and learnt to push themselves and their abilities to the limits.
Nick is just as stupidly adorable as usual, and I loved his Lord Of The Rings reference when they were trying to open a door.
'What's another foreign word for friend?'
[Page 160]
Ajay continues to amaze me with his braniac skills and I was impressed by how much information he is actually able to retain. I loved getting to see Will and Elsie practise their ability together, seeing how long they can push it but also using it to their advantage. Brook has a side of her that is starting to come out, which at the beginning seemed like an ability to me, but I'm not going to tell you what happens next for her.

Alliance is packed full of mystery, suspense, and action. More secrets and mysteries are revealed about the Knights and their history, shocking me with some of the revelations. This group of friends is drawn deeper into the Knights mystery, and also the Paladin Prophecy, and each new bit of information they find only leaves a lot of unanswered questions, and an imminent threat to the world. While some questions are answered, there is a problem among them, and only Will knows what it is and I can't wait to see what he does about it.

Alliance was just as gripping as The Paladin Prophecy and I am looking forward to seeing what direction this series takes now, especially after the last chapter of Alliance where a major secret is revealed with a threat of violence and a lot more unanswered questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...