Friday, 3 January 2014

Review: Two by Leigh Ann Kopans


Title: Two
Author: Leigh Ann Kopans
Genre: Young Adult
Series: One Universe #2
Source: Purchased by myself
Publication Date: 1st October 2013

Tell Me About It
Elias and Merrin are on the run.

After escaping the Biotech Hub, they thought they could breathe easy, or at least a little easier. But when bombs slam into the Social Welfare Hub only hours after their arrival, it becomes clear there's nowhere to hide - and no end to what Biotech will do to get them back.

Their last chance for safety and answers is the Clandestine Service Hub. CS has intel on the real, broader purpose behind Fisk’s experiments , and the newfound knowledge of the horrors hidden deep within Biotech’s walls sends Merrin back to recover a secret formula that could ruin the Supers’ world forever—and might just save the lives of the Biotech victims spiraling out of control.

Elias' sisters are counted among the victims of Fisk’s experiments, and if Elias can't find and help them, their powers will destroy them--sooner rather than later. Returning to the place it all began terrifies him, but with Fisk ready to make an example out of Merrin, and his sisters’ lives --and the lives of all Supers--hanging in the balance, he might not have a choice. If he can't find the courage to face his worst fears, Elias might lose more than his newfound powers.

He might lose everyone he loves.
My Thoughts
I absolutely loved One when I read it, and really wanted to make a start on Two, but review books took over and I never got the chance. Christmas week I decided to take a few days off 'review books' and read my own waiting to be read books. There was no doubt whatsoever that I was going to read Two, I HAD to know what happens to Merrin and Elias. Before I had even finished reading the first chapter I was hooked, and little quotes like the one below made me laugh.
"So obviously, the next order of business is getting ourselves superhero suits"
Two is told from Elias's point of view, and within the first chapter I wanted to pick him up and snuggle him, wanting to make it all better for him. My heart broke at seeing how he felt about what had happened in One, worrying about his sisters, worrying about Merrin and scared that he would lose her. While Merrin loves to fly, Elias just wants a normal life, using his power if he has to, and only to help. But knowing how much Merrin loves to fly cause a lot of conflicting emotions and thoughts to cross his mind, wanting Merrin happy and being able to keep her isn't necessary the same life Elias had mapped out for himself.
........I will be there for her. I always will be, and I want her to know.
But I don't want to escape, because I really, really want to be there for my sisters, too.
[Page 92, Two]
I thought reading One that it couldn't get better than that, but after reading Two I am proved wrong. I absolutely loved Two, even more than One. While I do still love the characters, I will admit to adding Hayley into the small group characters I love.

Two took me on one bad ass adventure and I really did not want it to end. From the moment I started reading I was on the edge of my seat, worried that Elias and Merrin would get caught, then as they go from bad to worse, then slightly better I began to relax, and just as soon as I thought everything was ok Leigh Ann threw a spanner into the works, and once again I was on the edge of my seat, worried over what would happen to the gang, worried over new people I had just met, and wondering how the hell they were going to get out of things is one alive.

I demolished Two in a few hours, I even ignored watching Harry Potter I could not stop reading. I know Two is the last book in this series so far, but if another book was released for this world I would not hesitate in picking up.

About Leigh
Raised on comic books and classic novels, Leigh Ann developed an early love of science fiction and literature. As an adult, she rediscovered her love for not only reading, but also writing the types of fiction that enchanted her as a teen. Her debut novel, ONE, is about a girl with only half a superpower, the boy who makes her fly, and her struggle to make herself whole.

Leigh Ann, her husband, and four children live in Columbus, Ohio. When she’s not immersed in the world of fiction, you can find her obsessing over the latest superhero movie or using her kids as an excuse to go out for ice cream (again.)

Website - Blog - Twitter - Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...