Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Top Ten: Favourite Series


[Favourite Book Series]
Credit for Top Ten goes to The Broke and the Bookish

This year I thought I would add some more things into my blog to make it a bit more interesting. One of the new things I am hoping to do is a Top Ten post every month. Huge thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for allowing me to borrow their idea.

To start off this new feature I am going to list my Top Ten favourite book series, they are listed in no particular order.

Mercedes Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
I can't remember how I found this series, but once I did I was hooked. Every new book released is an automatic pre-order for me. I love how Mercy isn't your average female lead, she may have the ability to change into a coyote, and have slightly better speed and strength than the average human, but her life is like any other persons as she tries to make a living in the human world as a mechanic, whilst also living alongside supernaturals.



If I Stay by Gayle Forman
This is the first book that really made me cry, not even the nice cry, but the never-ending-tears, heart-breaking, blubbering-mess, cry. I have yet to re-read this series again as it left me in so much of a mess. Before I attempt this again I need a lot of comfort food to keep me company.



Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
This is another series that I can't remember how I found, and while it took me a second attempt at this world to get into it, once I was in I was hooked. Each new book is an automatic pre-order for me now and I count down the days at each publication gets closer.




The Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks
I heard about this book all over the blogosphere and I could not wait to pick up a copy myself. I think this series is one of the only mermaid books I had fallen head over heels and into consistently give 5 star reviews. The wait for each new book feels like years and years, and the wait for the final book is like torture.



The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
I first found this series by audiobook from audiosync in their summer releases. Once I had finished I immediately purchased the whole series to find out what happens next and demolished them.




Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent
I have no idea how I heard about this series, but I know it wasn't when the first book was published. I quickly made up for that and found myself counting down the days to each new publication, eagerly anticipating what would happen next. The final book in this series, With All My Soul, had me heartbroken, shocked, but also happy with the ending.



Lengths Series by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt
I found this series as Liz Reinhardt is a co-author and I loved Liz's Brenna Blixen series. I have anticipated each and every book release in this series, and have been lucky to participate in book tours to promote this series. The characters are lovable, likeable, and you want to take them all home and keep them for ever and ever.




Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelly Armstrong
This was an accidental series, I initially got the first book as I loved the cover it had and soon found myself hooked on this series. Luckily as I picked it up so late I was able to read a few of the books that had been published and didn't have the long torturous wait of starting from book one and waiting for book thirteen to be released.
I love getting to see the whole world of this series as we get to look through other peoples eyes as they get a turn in telling their story.


The Next Door Boys by Jolene Parry
I first heard of this series on netgalley, and when I began reading I was hooked. This is the first book that I ever felt a really close connection to the protagonist, seeing hat she has gone through and having a family member going through a similar struggle. Since then I have automatically purchased all of the books upon publication, and even have physical copies sitting on my shelf.



The Chronicles of Ixia by Maria V. Snyder
Again another series I can't remember how I stumbled upon it, but one that I quickly read. I have re-read this series a few times and I can't wait for the next instalment. I think my favourite couple put of this series has to by Yelena and Valek.





I have missed out a few series I really love when making this list, I had no idea how hard it would be to just pick ten series, and it has taken a long time and a lot of changes to make this list, and while this doesn't bode well for future posts, I had to add the following honourable mentions...Lord of the Rings, David Eddings. These two series are partly responsible for giving me the reading bug. There are a lot of other series not listed, but I am thinking they will get mentions in other Top Ten posts.

Have you read any of these series or have any to recommend. If you have any suggestions for other Top Ten ideas then fill in this form here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...