Sunday, 23 February 2014

Day Out in Town

On Tuesday I went to the City Centre for a few reasons My primary reason was to register my library card in Central Library, my first card for this library, but I did it so that I could take part in Read Liverpool.
I went with my sister, 5 year old niece, and 10 year old nephew. The library was having a creative session which my niece took part in, but it didn't really impress my nephew, so instead we went on a book hunt for Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.
I was shocked that my nephew had not read this book yet, and even more shocked that he didn't even have a library card. I told my sister that she had to ix this, and then the hunt began.
We searched everywhere for the elusive remaining book in the library, and came to the conclusion that somebody must have been hoarding this book. Instead I gave my nephew Insignia by S.J Kincaid, and Virals by Kathy Reichs to browse while I read The Mortal Knife, my current review book.

After the session had finished we took the lift to the top of the library to take in the view and for my niece and nephew to pose for a photo or two.

On the way out we took the stairs and this is the view from the top floor.


After the library we paid a visit to the museum and then stopped for lunch. One of my highlights of the museum was a magic theme they have till March, and we found a small display case with Lego Harry Potter items, games, statues. I had to take a picture of it.

My first point of call before we left for home was to buy Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling for my nephew, and Rabbits Nap by Julia Donaldson for my niece.

What other books do you think I should suggest to my nephew, he has a few Roald Dahl books and a few Famous Five Books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...