Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Review: The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet by Joe Cross


Title: The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet
Author: Joe Cross
Genre: Health
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group Press
Publication Date: 4th February 2014

Tell Me About It
Since his documentary, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, was released in 2010 and became a worldwide sensation, Joe Cross has become a tireless advocate for the power of juicing. The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet brings us of the plan that allowed him to overcome obesity, poor health, and bad habits, and presents success stories from others whose lives he’s touched.

Joe—who managed to lose one hundred pounds and discontinue all his medication by following his own plan—walks you through his life before juicing, sharing his self-defeating attitude toward food and fitness, and brings you along on his journey from obesity and disease to fitness, a clean bill of health, and the clarity of physical wellness.

In addition to sharing Joe’s inspirational story, The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet gives readers all the tools they need to embark on their own journey to health and wellness, including inspiration and encouragement, recipes, and diet plans.

My Thoughts
When I saw this book on netgalley I wanted to give it a try. Juicing can be used for a lot of reasons, detox, lose weight, change the way you eat. In my case it was for me to try and get more fruit and veg into my system as I am such a fussy eater. I'm lucky to hit my 1 portion of my 5 a day. Cheese, pasta and bread are my downfalls, and I have finally managed to drastically cut down on the amount of bread and cheese I eat. However I am a smell and look eater, I have to like the smell of something and the look of something before I eat which is why a lot of veg is not in my diet and also one of the reasons I am so fussy. According to my Mum I have been like this since I was a baby, so it's not a new thing in my life, however I am making a more conscious effort to eat more food that is better for me. My roast dinners now have veg included on my plate rather than the meat, potato and processed peas.

The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet had a lot of inspirational stories in it. From Joe's own story, to stories of people who have changed their diets and followed this new way of living healthily. There are recipes for juices, smoothies, healthy breakfasts, soups etc, and gives examples of different ways to approach this book. From detoxing to prepare for the diet, and how many days to follow it for depending on what you want to achieve from it.
For me, although I would love to loose weight by following this book, it was mainly a way for me to get more healthy foods into my body. I read the recipes looking for ideas and found a few, but again, being so fussy I already know I don't like a lot for the foods added to the juices, smoothies etc so I know I will have to change some things out for food I do like. I know it's not the aim of the book, to read it and then disregard the ingredients, but I am THAT fussy, and since I know I won't be following it word for word, ingredient for ingredient I am trying to follow it as close as possible as I can, choosing recipes that I mostly like and only having to change out one or two things.

I did enjoy the real life examples in this book, and how inspirational it has been, my only problem with this book was the lack of pictures, which may change with the actual hard copy, without the pictures I have no way to prepare myself for what the drinks will look like until they are actually made which is slightly daunting for me.



I have already tried a mostly modified recipe from the book and I did have plans to add the video but that didn't work out, instead I have a photo of the finished product. Apple, pear, carrot and milk smoothie.......which I didn't really like and will have to try a more stronger flavoured fruit to counterbalance the taste of the veg.






About Joe
Joe Cross is the founder and CEO of Reboot. His personal story of transformation was chronicled in the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, which has been seen by more than 5 MM people worldwide.  The incredible response to screenings of the film inspired Joe to create Reboot with Joe, making the tools, information and support available to enable anyone to reclaim their wellbeing. He’s currently filming a new documentary and spends time between Australia and the U.S., always with a juice in hand. Follow him on twitter @JoetheJuicer and read his full story.

Website - Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...