Sunday, 23 February 2014

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received....

A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton purchased by myself
A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton purchased by myself
A Witch Alone by Ruth Warburton purchased by myself
Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young from publisher for review [already read this one]

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling purchased by myself
Rabbit's Nap by Julia Donaldson purchased by myself
Don't Look Back by Jennifer Armentrout from publisher for review [unsolicited]
The Alchemist's Secret by Scott Mariani from library

Unremembered by Jessica Brody from publisher
Unforgotten by Jessica Brody from publisher for review
Rock War by Robert Muchamore from publisher for review
Purity by Jackson Pearce from publisher for review
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger from publisher for review



I got this last week and forgot to add it onto my haul. Thank you to the publicist at Indigo for sending these Mal-Entines out.


I have not read Ruth's books at all, but I did have them on my to buy list, when I saw them in my supermarket I couldn't resist picked all three of these up. Just Like Fate is from the publisher and I will be taking part in the blog tour for this with Bungle from Midnight Reads, so keep your eyes peeled on what we have come up with for this book.
I paid a visit to my library in town to register my library card. Whilst there they had an activity on for children, which my niece loved, but nephew didn't, (to read the whole story follow this link) so although Harry Potter didn't land in my post, I did purchase it for my nephew. Rabbit's Nap is for my niece who has two others books in this series and she chose this one to take home. Don't Look Back was sent from the publisher unsolicited, but I did have it on my to read list, I have read some of Jennifer's NA books, but not her other work, that being said I am looking forward to reading this one. The Alchemist's Secret is an eBook from the library in Town, and not my local one. I am glad that I am able to download books to read from this library rather than having to hike to town every month to return them.
Unremembered is a book I have already read [review here] and also had Jessica on the blog for Book Wars, but the amazing people at Macmillan sent me a copy with the new cover, that matches the copy of Unforgotten I received for review. This parcel certainly made the OCD part of me very happy indeed. Rock War sounds like an interesting read and I am looking forward to starting this one soon. Purity will be the first book I have read by Jackson, the synopsis drew me in and I am hoping to start this one soon. A Midsummer's Nightmare is the first book I have read by Kody, but the second one that I own. I am hoping to start this one very soon too.


What exciting things did you receive this week?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh great haul! Rock War is really good, and I'm intrigued by the new Jackson Pearce. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard really good things about the Ruth Warbarton Witch Series. The new covers for Jessica Brody's books are interesting.I like the old ones better. Good haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant week! New Jackson Pearce too! Happy reading, I really hope you like them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...